Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day bids for Ulloa, Bridcutt, Barnes and KLL from Palace

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Calling us petty for revengeful bids after the 'poogate' incident? Not only is that a baseless opinion, it sounds like you're trying to make sense of the disgusting nature of one of your so called officials behaviour.

We made bids, they were rejected and that's it, do you think Reading hold a grudge against Palace after we bought 2 of their best players? Doubtful

Some of the comments on this thread are incredibly wide of the mark.

Are you sure you know all the facts on 'Poogate'?

Perhaps you'd like to post them here?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That is poor from them. Of course our players compared to theirs are indeed better, that was factually proven last yr (see league table)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One was injured and scored 1 in 3 at Prem level last season, the other the fans say was their best defender last season but has a disagreement with Adkins, like many on here actually!

Relieved we didn't get Barnes or KLL, the latter especially as he seems a bit of a loose cannon.

He scored 5 in 19. I know you guys have trouble with maths, but that is closer to a quarter than a third. His goal ratio is 1 in 5 in all competitions with the majority of his career in the Championship. Those are not the stats of an upcoming starlet. They are the stats of a chap approaching 30 with the majority of his English career spent in the second tier.

The other was part of a defence shipping in two goals a game. I'm interested to know if you tested a large amount of the fan base or took the opinions of a few on a Reading forum and decided they knew best.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry, I was wrong to say that Reading haven't played Marriappa, as well. They let him play once. Against league one Peterborough. They conceded SIX.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
"Oi Tony, it's me Ian"
"Who?"
"'Ollaway"
"Yes" :tosser:

"Oi need to strengthen my herd before 'arvest toime, oi wondeer whever you be interested in selling me some of yoor stock" :hilton:
"NO :smokin:

"Oi loikes that Kersinger Ooh Arr Ooh Arr..... and was in the cow shed today, looked round the stands, and thort....Barnes"
"No" :shootself

" Ow about Liam, ee comes from good stock, Alroight then that big bull up the front then, Hose......cum on, you did sell us a donkey last season for 800,000"
"Bye Ian" :yawn:.............brr. brrr. brrr.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
There is simply not a facepalm in existence that can express how obsessed that shower are with us. Prince Charming and his chums in the boardroom really do need to leave the playground :lolol:

Pot, kettle, black. There are around 3 to 4 Palace threads a day about us on here and the same old 30-40 posters (you included) comment on everyone one :rolleyes:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
That is poor from them. Of course our players compared to theirs are indeed better, that was factually proven last yr (see league table)

We've signed 15 players since and you've lost Bridge and Vicente and replaced them with Ward, Auguestin and Andrews. I think we all know deep down who's squad is stronger :yawn:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I heard Dazza Lewis thought he was outstanding in that game.

Lewis comes across as one of those guys that has absolutely no idea about the game or the client.

A spiv, solely intent on making some money from the game, as opposed to anything useful.

He probably is friends with Darren Bloom, as people I know who have been forced to do business with the brother have considered him to be a prat.

You'd have to question your suitability to life, if you take on Leon and then discover he is a lying turncoat after that, not before that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pot, kettle, black. There are around 3 to 4 Palace threads a day about us on here and the same old 30-40 posters (you included) comment on everyone one :rolleyes:

Fair(ish) point, but there would have been no need to comment if Parish and the gang weren't being so childish. 4 players :lolol:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm inclined to agree with you about Marange, clearly a panic signing but fitting 25 players into a squad is something Championship clubs don't have to worry about and until recently, we were one.

The Dobbie transfer was set in stone from when we loaned him, I feel for the bloke though.

Did someone not realise that buying 15 new players meant that either some of the new purchases would be left out and/or very few of your existing players would be available? It is a really strange approach and a monumental waste of money.

I didn't see Cardiff or Hull doing this. It seems like Holloway is out of control and that means future problems.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We've signed 15 players since and you've lost Bridge and Vicente and replaced them with Ward, Auguestin and Andrews. I think we all know deep down who's squad is stronger :yawn:

You've got a stronger squad with access to millions?! I should hope so! The creditors will probably be quaking, but I trust they all demand a payment upfront.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Did someone not realise that buying 15 new players meant that either some of the new purchases would be left out and/or very few of your existing players would be available? It is a really strange approach and a monumental waste of money.

I didn't see Cardiff or Hull doing this. It seems like Holloway is out of control and that means future problems.

You think Jedinak is a poor player, says it all about your football knowledge :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Childish?

Yes.

Let's play to the gallery to cover up our poor transfer window by trying to sign as many Brighton players as possible. 4. It's all a bit playground really.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yes.

Let's play to the gallery to cover up our poor transfer window by trying to sign as many Brighton players as possible. 4. It's all a bit playground really.

I doubt we actually wanted all 4. Bridcutt and Ulloa were the real targets. Barnes and Lua Lua wouldn't make our bench, let alone our first team. They were either smoke-screens or Plan E if other deals feel through.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here