Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day bids for Ulloa, Bridcutt, Barnes and KLL from Palace

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You think Jedinak is a poor player, says it all about your football knowledge :lolol:

To be fair I haven't seen much of him so am probably not the best judge. What I have seen has been poor though.

Believing that panic buying 15 players (and bidding for many many more) is some sort of plan shows the limit of your basic intelligence though. Plan E ffs - are you really that much of a **** to really mean/believe that?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
To be fair I haven't seen much of him so am probably not the best judge. What I have seen has been poor though.

Believing that panic buying 15 players (and bidding for many many more) is some sort of plan shows the limit of your basic intelligence though. Plan E ffs - are you really that much of a **** to really mean/believe that?

I assure you he is a class act and way to good for us. Top 10 Premiership player without doubt. An absolute beast of a man.

Yes, signing 15 is a bit strange I must admit but even if only 50% of them are hits then its going to give us a decent shot at staying up. In all 3 games so far we have been competitive and that's before 7 players were signed this week. Did you watch the Sunderland game? We played some fantastic stuff on the deck.

I honestly do believe they were Plan D or E. Barnes for example...we were after a striker on deadline day. Bentdner was Number 1 target but Arsenal wouldn't let him leave until they got in a new signing. AJ was back up option and that nearly happened but not quite. So we ended up with Cameron Jerome who is a far better player than Barnes.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I assure you he is a class act and way to good for us. Top 10 Premiership player without doubt. An absolute beast of a man.

Yes, signing 15 is a bit strange I must admit but even if only 50% of them are hits then its going to give us a decent shot at staying up. If all 3 games so far we have been competitive and that's before 7 players were signed this week.

I honestly do believe they were Plan D or E. Barnes for example...we were after a striker on deadline day. Bentdner was Number 1 target but Arsenal wouldn't let him leave until they got in a new signing. AJ was back up option and that nearly happened but not quite. So we ended up with Cameron Jerome who is a far better player than Barnes.

A top 10 Premiership player??? :):):):)

You lot are bloody lunatics!!! That's priceless.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
A top 10 Premiership player??? :):):):)

You lot are bloody lunatics!!! That's priceless.

Why is it so unreasonable? We got lucky when we signed him but he's an absoloute gem. He won our player of the year ahead of Zaha and 31 goal Murray, that says it all. Look at someone like Michu who was unheard of when Swansea got him for just £2 million. He is now worth 5 times that and is easily a Top 10 club player.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Getting turned down is always a bad idea. Once, twice, three times, four times?! Much better business to be the side doing the turning down, always.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Yes, signing 15 is a bit strange I must admit but even if only 50% of them are hits then its going to give us a decent shot at staying up. In all 3 games so far we have been competitive and that's before 7 players were signed this week. Did you watch the Sunderland game? We played some fantastic stuff on the deck.

I wasn't referring to any perceived dig at Barnes or Lua Lua - I was refering to you believing there was a.plan of any sort, let alone a plan a,b, c, d AND e.

Not surprising you lot have drifted to previous disasters as your approach seems to be to bury heads in the sand. Surely someone realises that Holloway is bad news for you ; did your form after his appointment raise any concerns?

As for beating Sunderland was that an attempt at a joke? The bit about Jedinak clearly was.

Yoda

English & European
the other the fans say was their best defender last season but has a disagreement with Adkins, like many on here actually!

Speaking to a Reading season ticket holder at work today. Although disappointed to see him leave, said he never developed into the type of player that they hoped for. So on other words, has potential, but is a complete liability.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I wasn't referring to any perceived dig at Barnes or Lua Lua - I was refering to you believing there was a.plan of any sort, let alone a plan a,b, c, d AND e.

Not surprising you lot have drifted to previous disasters as your approach seems to be to bury heads in the sand. Surely someone realises that Holloway is bad news for you ; did your form after his appointment raise any concerns?

As for beating Sunderland was that an attempt at a joke? The bit about Jedinak clearly was.

Previous disasters? To be fair, we are not the club shitting on dressing room floors, sacking their manager on live TV, signing journeyman like Keith Andrews or having their top players wanting to move to their nearest rivals.

No beating Sunderland was not a joke, it happened, 3-1 and should have been more. Your point was what exactly??

And no, i'll stand by my comments on Jedi. If you want to have a bet with me i'll happily say if he moves on to another Premiership club at the end of this season it will be one that finishes in the Top 10 this season.

Yoda

English & European

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So who would you have ahead and the next ten behind him then?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Speaking to a Reading season ticket holder at work today. Although disappointed to see him leave, said he never developed into the type of player that they hoped for. So on other words, has potential, but is a complete liability.

Funny that...go onto the Hobnob Reading forum and most say he was their best central defender and they are sad to see him go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We've signed 15 players since and you've lost Bridge and Vicente and replaced them with Ward, Auguestin and Andrews. I think we all know deep down who's squad is stronger :yawn:

Sorry, I didn't mean now, I meant last season....

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If he was their best defender, how come in his only appearance this season, they conceded SIX goals?

One off freak result. He played a fair few times for them in the Prem last year and got decent reviews. I'm not saying he's a superstar but he'll be a solid signing and will be excellent in The Championship if we go straight back down.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Previous disasters? To be fair, we are not the club shitting on dressing room floors, sacking their manager on live TV, signing journeyman like Keith Andrews or having their top players wanting to move to their nearest rivals.

Impressive. You make four points, and are completely wrong on three of them. Good work.

-stop believing the "shit on the floor" lie, it's a complete myth.

-Poyet was not sacked on TV, he just likes to maintain the pretence that he was, to paint himself in a better light.

-Andrews: I'll give you that one, but he's done alright for us so far.

-Our top players quite simply (like most footballers, it seems) don't want to move to Palace. You know absolutely nothing about their intentions: some deluded Palace fan makes it up on Twitter & suddenly it becomes a fact...suckers, the lot of you. If they really wanted to go (ha!) it would be easy enough for them to engineer a move- it always is for footballers. They always get what they want. Funny how Bridcutt's agent hasn't accidentally leaked his supposed desire to join Palace, as always happens with unsettled players. I wonder why that is?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
There is simply not a facepalm in existence that can express how obsessed that shower are with us.

godzilla-facepalm.jpg

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

No beating Sunderland was not a joke, it happened, 3-1 and should have been more. Your point was what exactly??

And no, i'll stand by my comments on Jedi. If you want to have a bet with me i'll happily say if he moves on to another Premiership club at the end of this season it will be one that finishes in the Top 10 this season.

So, the dna of the palace fan is to bury his head in the sand and deny the absolute obvious whilst trawling through other clubs forums in the hope of finding some snippet to support your warped view. Strange.

Some clowns on twitter are citing Holloway as the best manager in the league and stating #inHollowaywetrust - now I understand that a good proportion of your support has only turned up since May 2013 but even so, that is pretty damn funny!

Do they put something mind altering in the water around Croydon to generate such a passive crowd? Are you incapable of original thought?

You will all be slagging off Holloway after he is sacked by Xmas and citing the desparate transfer policy as a reason for your downfall. Absolute nailed.on cert.

By the way, my reference to disasters was related to repeat administrations. Funny that you don't see this as a problem. Perhaps that is the problem? Same applies for your delusional view that any Brighton player actually desires a move to Palace - why do you think they would be different to the majority of players that you have approached?

As for Keith Andrews, it is the result of a planned and well constructed transfer approach. He was a target for a long time - we missed out previously due to badly run clubs offering too much but now have him on board and he has fitted in really well. A journeyman player he is certainly not. It is about the fit at a particular club rather than what a player has done elsewhere. Jedinak's an example, his physical ability (strength) is the fit for you; his lack of football technique would mean he would be poor for us.

As for a bet? Pointless betting with fools who will re-write history and find any excuse for not paying up.

Good luck with the meds.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So who would you have ahead and the next ten behind him then?

I'm pretty sure he means that Jedi could play for a team in the top 10 in the EPL rather than he is one of the best 10 players in the league... I'm not sure that even 5 Zero is THAT deluded.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm pretty sure he means that Jedi could play for a team in the top 10 in the EPL rather than he is one of the best 10 players in the league... I'm not sure that even 5 Zero is THAT deluded.

He did, he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here