[Albion] De Zerbi seemingly wanting a fight before kickoff.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why do people keep saying this? He was first spoiling for a fight BEFORE the game! The VAR bullshit is a convenience on which to blame his conduct.
If the interim Spurs manager did say that everything he had achieved was down to Potter he had every right to call him a **** pre match imo, and I was a big Potter fan :shrug:

It was a bit bizarre though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bigger concern for me is he gets so exasperated by the continual dogshit and borderline corrupt officiating, inexcusably compounded by the twats on VAR, that he decides English football is a waste of time and decides to go elsewhere.
Exactly my fear….

The incompetence of match officials is staggering.

As silly as I keep telling myself it it, I actually am beginning to wonder if the premier league IS corrupt…..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly my fear….

As silly as I keep telling myself it it, I actually am beginning to wonder if the premier league IS corrupt…..
He’s Italian. The most corrupt leagues in the world !

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Some incredible takes on this in the national press. Aside from the fact several match reports suggest Spurs were all over us in the last 20 minutes (what game were they watching?), the Standard and Telegraph have gone with the line that De Zerbi blew ‘his audition’ for the Spurs job. As if he gave a f*** about that today. The Big 6 narrative is so dull. A lot of these self-proclaimed experts seem to have very little knowledge beyond it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly my fear….

It is

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Actually, the last twice he was in the stand, we won the game.

It's still not ideal though is it.

I don't want him losing his fire but there's a fine line between self sabotage by not knowing how to control his. Look at Klopp, Pep, Jose and and the old guard like Fergie etc they knew when to reel it in.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I don't want him losing his fire but there's a fine line between self sabotage by not knowing how to control his. Look at Klopp, Pep, Jose and and the old guard like Fergie etc they knew when to reel it in.
Refs were/are scared of them, I saw plenty of games where they were far more obnoxious than RDZ is and f*** all was done about it. Big clubs…

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Would love to know what he did to get sent off today. Looked like the dug outs were having hand bags but RDZ and their bloke were a yards away

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would love to know what he did to get sent off today. Looked like the dug outs were having hand bags but RDZ and their bloke were a yards away
‘Failure to control their bench / teams’

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Some incredible takes on this in the national press. Aside from the fact several match reports suggest Spurs were all over us in the last 20 minutes (what game were they watching?), the Standard and Telegraph have gone with the line that De Zerbi blew ‘his audition’ for the Spurs job. As if he gave a f*** about that today. The Big 6 narrative is so dull. A lot of these self-proclaimed experts seem to have very little knowledge beyond it.
Guardian doesn't even mention the Mitoma non-penalty.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The thing is, I love RDZ but he needs to rein it in.

The officials have got it in for him and he needs to think before he acts, "Do my actions benefit the team or the opposite?

Today he should have just shaken Stellini's hand and got on with his job, it's not all about him.

Keep that game calm and we win.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The thing is, I love RDZ but he needs to rein it in.

The officials have got it in for him and he needs to think before he acts, "Do my actions benefit the team or the opposite?

Today he should have just shaken Stellini's hand and got on with his job, it's not all about him.

Keep that game calm and we win.
You cant keep calm when you are cheated on.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Well, somewhere in the middle. A Thomas Frank or Marco Silva (who I am well aware was serving a touchline ban today and I don't know if it's a coincidence they lost).

Bottom line is it's not a good example, especially to youngsters in any aspect of football or indeed life. :(
You have a very good point about it not being a very good example to set. But what did you mean earlier when you said he needs to learn some humility? The game hadn't even started when the OP was made.
He does need to calm down a bit now though, we need a head coach in the technical area, not a coach using a mobile phone in the stand. I'm up for that job! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports