David Burke OUT!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have to say, when people say "Barber Out" I can find plenty of reasons to defend the guy. Burke on the other hand, I'm not so sure what good work he is doing, but he is the guy who gave Oscar none of the players he wanted, I would say he has something to answer for for that.

Would that still be true if, for example, Oscar's list contained only unrealistic targets and was presented so late it provided no opportunity to work with it?

Or what about, for example, if the club said "We can get you Craig Conway" and Oscar said "No thanks"?

Both hypothetical, obviously...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My point is that in this thread it shows how easy it is to paint somebody incorrectly when you only point out the failures. Why not look at the successes we've had with player recruitment and give a balanced view?

Ok in my view of this seasons signings without the Gus input and with Burke in complete control, I would say Ward and maybe Stephenson. When Stephenson plays without getting injuries we may find he is the best signing of the season. As for the rest very poor in my view. With a huge sum of the player budget wasted.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Would that still be true if, for example, Oscar's list contained only unrealistic targets and was presented so late it provided no opportunity to work with it?

Or what about, for example, if the club said "We can get you Craig Conway" and Oscar said "No thanks"?

Both hypothetical, obviously...

Well, spill the beans then Bozza because for me Oscar not being listened to re his transfer targets is the crux of it.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Anyone know what was behind brining Rohan Ince and Solly March to name just 2 players to the club???

Yeah lets get this IDIOT out shall we?

It's not his fault our budget is being controlled by FFP. I'm sure he would rather we sign our number one targets but he's not to blame when we don't get them.

Solly March is a local boy who has come up through the BHA youth system

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

There's a new tangent to go off on right there. Who was on Oscar's list?

I'll start with Deulofeu.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Anyone know what was behind brining Rohan Ince and Solly March to name just 2 players to the club???

Yeah lets get this IDIOT out shall we?

It's not his fault our budget is being controlled by FFP. I'm sure he would rather we sign our number one targets but he's not to blame when we don't get them.

Solly was here 2 years before Burke arrived and Ince was signed when Gus was still having a big say who came to the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do people think Tony would do upon 'getting rid of Burke'?

For the hard of thinking, I'll answer:-

Tony will employ someone else to perform the job, currently held by Burke.

Changing the name on the office door will make no difference to how the club is run.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Solly was here 2 years before Burke arrived and Ince was signed when Gus was still having a big say who came to the club.

Ok I didn't realise Solly was already here. But surely we can't just blame Burke for the bad ones and give praise to others for anyone decent we have signed?

Presumable Burke and his team worked to get Ulloa here for instance.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What do people think Tony would do upon 'getting rid of Burke'?

For the hard of thinking, I'll answer:-

Tony will employ someone else to perform the job, currently held by Burke.

Changing the name on the office door will make no difference to how the club is run.

He may just tweak the job description though don't you think?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He may just tweak the job description though don't you think?
Only if Tony is unhappy with how his club is run, on a daily basis.

If Tony is happy nothing will change, irrespective of anybody else's opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes I can fully understand how he would be happy with how things are going after losing two managers in consecutive season ends.
If keeping those managers happy with their demands directly effected Tony's income he's probably happy to be shot of them, with minimal expense.

The point is we don't know, it's Tony's club for which Tony makes the decisions.

For 11 months of the year I'd imagine most of us are relieved Tony is a private man and not Vincent Tan.
It's just times like now we'd like to know more from him, but that's just not his style.

The bottom line is it's Tony's club, if Tony wanted Oscar to stay I feel he could have made that happen.
Oscar's not staying and Tony will continue to run his club how he sees fit, through his staff.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ok I didn't realise Solly was already here. But surely we can't just blame Burke for the bad ones and give praise to others for anyone decent we have signed?

Presumable Burke and his team worked to get Ulloa here for instance.

We had been after Ulloa before Burke joined us.

I could be wrong but I thought Burke's signings took over before last season winter transfer window, and may have had a hand in the negotiations with Ulloa but we'd tried to sign him at the beginning of the season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In post 89 Stat Brother stated that Bloom had got rid of Burke and I was replying to this post.
I did no such thing.
I posed the rhetorical question what would happen if Bloom had got rid of Burke.

In answering I hypothesised that for all we know Tony is happy with the current set up.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I did no such thing.
I posed the rhetorical question what would happen if Bloom had got rid of Burke.

In answering I hypothesised that for all we know Tony is happy with the current set up.
Yes you are correct, it was a what if statement of yours that I replied to and I replied with a possible what if reply.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports