Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Davey Cameron's rednbluenwhite army

Dandyman

In London village.
I have tried to read all posts in this thread and have lost count of those who use ridiculously exaggerated statements to make a point. I see that "wacism" is also included -you just have to get that one in. Why is this done, I wonder?

I assume you have read the comments of those wild eyed Commies the Institute of Directors and the CBI on Theresa May's speach ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I assume you have read the comments of those wild eyed Commies the Institute of Directors and the CBI on Theresa May's speach ?

Is this, then, the justification for you ludicrous comments. Did they all acknowledge that "the old will starve" - all the old? How long will it take before all the old actually die of starvation? My mum is in her late 80s, and lives in our granny annexe -should I be worried now?

Dandyman

In London village.
Is this, then, the justification for you ludicrous comments. Did they all acknowledge that "the old will starve" - all the old? How long will it take before all the old actually die of starvation? My mum is in her late 80s, and lives in our granny annexe -should I be worried now?

“The first sounds a little bit morbid...But some of the people whose benefits [are cut] won’t be around to vote against you at the next election. So that’s just a practical point.
“The other point is that they might have forgotten by then...If they do it now the chances are in 2020, someone who’s had their winter fuel (allowance) cut might be thinking: ‘Oh I can’t remember, was it this government or the last one. I’m not quite sure...“From a purely practical basis I’d say do it immediately.”

Alex Wild of the Tax Dodgers Alliance cheering on social security cuts for OAPs at a conference meeting in which he shared a platform with Liam Fox and Chris Philip.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
“The first sounds a little bit morbid...But some of the people whose benefits [are cut] won’t be around to vote against you at the next election. So that’s just a practical point.
The other point is that they might have forgotten by then...If they do it now the chances are in 2020, someone who’s had their winter fuel (allowance) cut might be thinking: ‘Oh I can’t remember, was it this government or the last one. I’m not quite sure...“From a purely practical basis I’d say do it immediately.”Alex Wild of the Tax Dodgers Alliance cheering on social security cuts for OAPs at a conference meeting in which he shared a platform with Liam Fox and Chris Philip.

Precisely as I thought -no evidence at all for the "the old will starve" and just hit out with an exaggerated claim. And as for your highlighted assertion, this really is scraping the barrel . .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not sure I believe what I am reading here.........

For "go easy on", perhaps read "support wholeheartedly in everything they do and say and think and promulgate lies and make things up to big up the Tories and rubbish everyone else so that their readers are frightened to vote for anyone else".

... and lets face it they don't do this because of any kind of political ideology or belief that policies will make a better country. They do it because it is in their financial interest to do it. #mercenaries.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
... and lets face it they don't do this because of any kind of political ideology or belief that policies will make a better country. They do it because it is in their financial interest to do it. #mercenaries.

Oooooh, how cynical - but I did give you a thumbs-up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So,unless Corbyn gets replaced quickly, only a (minimum) of 9 and a half years more of Tory Government.

It's OK - it's a win-win.

The Corbynistas are happy because, well, they've got the bloke they'd never actually heard of until some Labour MPs got him onto the leadership ballot in order for there to be a choice as to the direction the Labour party took.

The centre-left are happy because they've got what I think we should now call New Tory. Cameron is the new Blair and they all loved Blair. Well, until they pretended they didn't ever really love Blair anyway.

The Tories are happy because it's now just a walk in the park on a beautiful Summer's day. Every day. For years and years.

The only ones who might feel a little bit unhappy with their lot are those on the righter outskirts of the Conservative party. But they'll probably cope.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The two key points are these - the media know it and the electorate knows it:

1. Corbyn is incapable of winning a General Election.
2. Labour cannot be trusted with the economy.

The Tories are the only option until such time as Labour and the Lib Dems get their act together, and so they're bound to get an easier ride when everyone can see Labour are completely rethinking their policy platform under Corbyn while the Lib Dems are still recovering from the shillaking they took at the last GE.

The key points should always be:
how well the government are performing against their manifesto
what the economic strategy is and what is the target for the economy

In business, all directors/managers expect to be measured by their performance.
Fairly easy to see who is worthwhile and who isn't.

In British politics, the key points are:
We think the other lot would be rubbish
They were rubbish last time.

It's a bit of a crap system really isn't it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

The Corbynistas are happy because, well, they've got the bloke they'd never actually heard of until some Labour MPs got him onto the leadership ballot in order for there to be a choice as to the direction the Labour party took.

The centre-left are happy because they've got what I think we should now call New Tory. Cameron is the new Blair and they all loved Blair. Well, until they pretended they didn't ever really love Blair anyway.

The Tories are happy because it's now just a walk in the park on a beautiful Summer's day. Every day. For years and years.

The only ones who might feel a little bit unhappy with their lot are those on the righter outskirts of the Conservative party. But they'll probably cope.

So will the 'New Tory' party actually make any changes in policy or philosophy to appeal to those in the centre left or is it just a carefully selected group of buzz words that spin doctors think will appeal to such a demographic?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The key points should always be:
how well the government are performing against their manifesto
what the economic strategy is and what is the target for the economy

In business, all directors/managers expect to be measured by their performance.
Fairly easy to see who is worthwhile and who isn't.

In British politics, the key points are:
We think the other lot would be rubbish
They were rubbish last time.

It's a bit of a crap system really isn't it?

Fully agree. The current system is based on spin over performance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Editor of New Statesman:

[tweet]651720237512019968[/tweet]

Life-long Labourites like what they heard:

[tweet]651721181746343936[/tweet]

Former Labour Party and GMB official:

[tweet]651722939583320064[/tweet]

Scabs

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Redcar makes a very high quality steel that was almost exclusively exported to China. The Chinese economy has slowed and demand for steel has fallen, hence the problem at Redcar.

I know that
it is also owned by a Thai company is it not
and they want the Chinese to invest in the North as well
and still 1700 men and women thown out of work
powerhouse North..............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So,unless Corbyn gets replaced quickly, only a (minimum) of 9 and a half years more of Tory Government.

Indeed. Watched a good documentary on Denis Healey tonight. Despite being a member of the communist party at Uni he changed and ended up fighting the hard left. They havent won anything and wont

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

This particular member of the centre Left would be happier with my neighbour's dog as PM than the current incumbent. His name is Aslan and he seems to care about people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here