Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Davey Cameron's rednbluenwhite army

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Is it spot on? Does Jeremy Corbyn HATE Britain then? Does Corbyn sympathise with terrorists? He said the lack of any attempt to bring Bin Laden to trial was a tragedy, and he's right. He basically said that all of the events surrounding what happened in 2011 are tragic.

He's the Prime Minister and is using some very dangerous vocabulary to attack the leader of the opposotion, based on deliberate misinterpretations.

They all attack each other. Not sure it is any different to the "David Cameron wants to **** the rich and kill the homeless" nonsense you get from the left

Both sides could really do with growing up

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
But your first post suggested that all Corbyn said was that OBL's death might have been counter-productive. He didn't 'just' say that. His exact quote was:

"This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy. The World Trade Centre was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy."

I've got absolutely no problem with saying that Afghanistan and Iraq was a tragedy in the same way that the WTC bombing was a tragedy but I and many others have a big problem with equating OBL's death as a moral equivalent to the first three as Corbyn has clearly said. Yes, I can see that it might be counter-productive but don't equate his death as some sort of equivalent to the WTC.

As far as I can see, if you take that line of reasoning, and I don't think it's particularly extreme, then you've every right to pull Corbyn up on his comments.

He also said - “no attempt whatsoever that I can see to arrest him and put him on trial, to go through that process” And "Tens of thousands of people have died. Torture has come back on to the world stage, been canonised virtually into law by Guantánamo and Bagram. Can’t we learn some lessons from this? Are we just going to sink deeper and deeper?
“The next stage will be an attempted assassination on Gaddafi and so it will go on. This will just make the world more dangerous and worse and worse and worse.”

Which is absolutely the context which you, and Cameron are choosing to ignore.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
ww.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
But the PRIME MINISTER said it. If Corbyn came out and said Cameron wants to kill the homeless then I'd think he was being stupid too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He also said - “no attempt whatsoever that I can see to arrest him and put him on trial, to go through that process” And "Tens of thousands of people have died. Torture has come back on to the world stage, been canonised virtually into law by Guantánamo and Bagram. Can’t we learn some lessons from this? Are we just going to sink deeper and deeper?
“The next stage will be an attempted assassination on Gaddafi and so it will go on. This will just make the world more dangerous and worse and worse and worse.”

Which is absolutely the context which you, and Cameron are choosing to ignore.

I'm not ignoring anything. I said that I could see the argument that his death was counter-productive but his death hasn't created the situation in Guantanamo or Bagram, his death didn't create the tens of thousands dead (when Corbyn spoke those words). Yes, his death was avoidable and probably counter-productive BUT (and this is the bit that you refuse to speak about) don't turn round and say his death is a tragedy like Afghanistan, Iraq and the WTC. OBL was the world's number one terrorist and as such it was pretty much an occupational hazard. Innocent people dying is a tragedy, a dead terrorist is not.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They all attack each other. Not sure it is any different to the "David Cameron wants to **** the rich and kill the homeless" nonsense you get from the left

Both sides could really do with growing up

Ther have been no personal attacks from Jeremy Corbyn.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm not ignoring anything. I said that I could see the argument that his death was counter-productive but his death hasn't created the situation in Guantanamo or Bagram, his death didn't create the tens of thousands dead (when Corbyn spoke those words). Yes, his death was avoidable and probably counter-productive BUT (and this is the bit that you refuse to speak about) don't turn round and say his death is a tragedy like Afghanistan, Iraq and the WTC. OBL was the world's number one terrorist and as such it was pretty much an occupational hazard. Innocent people dying is a tragedy, a dead terrorist is not.

His death is a tragedy in the context of law and in the context of how we avoid further wars and terrorism, that is the point being made. Cameron is either intellectually incapable of understanding that OR is choosing to use it as a cheap shot, and that's pathetic.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
His death is a tragedy in the context of law and in the context of how we avoid further wars and terrorism, that is the point being made. Cameron is either intellectually incapable of understanding that OR is choosing to use it as a cheap shot, and that's pathetic.

No, there's clearly a disagreement about here but you/Corbyn no more hold the moral high ground on this than me/Cameron. I've stated my case, you've stated yours and we clearly disagree but you're the one who seems to think that i disagree with you about OBL's death being a tragedy that I'm mentally deficient. Now THAT'S really what is pathetic.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Can I just confirm If a current leader of the Conservative party had been a far right fringe rebellious MP who had shared platforms with Loyalist terrorists sympathising with their cause and shared platforms with radical Zionists/settlers that he would be called principled and given a fair hearing by those who see Corybn as the new messiah?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just a thought if we help the Northern power house to create more jobs does that mean we will even more of dirty Leeds coming down to our great stadium:facepalm::whistle:

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Spoken by a truly blinkered and obviously oblivious person. The right, the far right, are a minority even in the ranks of Conservative heartlands... centre right is where the majority sit.

Not blinkered or oblivious at all. Overall, Tory grass-roots (local Party members, conference delegates, activists) hate Cameron because they think he is too liberal and 'wet', and not a 'true' Conservative (like Maggie).

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/508149/Cameron-told-to-go-back-to-basics-to-win-election
http://www.scotsman.com/news/david-...osing-his-grass-roots-1-3292795#axzz3ntbNPLmK
http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/laura-perrins-can-social-conservatives-vote-david-cameron-2/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...eats-in-protest-over-Government-policies.html

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
S
give the boy a chance. He trying to change the Tory Party to what it should be One nation Tories.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just a thought if we help the Northern power house to create more jobs does that mean we will even more of dirty Leeds coming down to our great stadium:facepalm::whistle:

this
and someone should tell the tories where Redcar is

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shock horror, politicians squabble amongst themselves so the general public forgot what a bunch of tossers they are.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I certainly don't admire Osbourne and Cameron as politicians.
I am regularly disappointed that the media and electorate fail to hold them to task for the gap between what they say and what they do.

I feel they go easy on them partly because the opposition is a total shambles.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Shock horror, politicians squabble amongst themselves so the general public forgot what a bunch of tossers they are.

Spot on. If politicians wanted what was best for the country, they would sit down together and try and reach a compromise. Never going to happen, though, just look at the venom on here. Too many people, seemingly, with issues to settle, on both sides. That's democracy for you, good and bad at the same time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here