Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Davey Cameron's rednbluenwhite army

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They will continue with the rhetoric I'm sure. Which is diametrically opposed to their current policies.
If their policies start matching the rhetoric, then labour will have a real struggle.

Some policies may appear at odds with the message, some will support it, people will pick and choose examples depending on their bias. Rhetoric may well be enough, as it was when laying the blame for the economic crisis at Labours door.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Rich people get richer, poor people work harder....to stay poor.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rich people get richer, poor people work harder....to stay poor.

You missed the bit about poor social mobility within the UK and the biggest determinant in how much you earn being how much your father earns/earned then?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Editor of New Statesman:

Life-long Labourites like what they heard:

Former Labour Party and GMB official:

but will the policies follow, or is it all bluff for the media? it will be interesting if Cameron does return to his original leadership pitch, reform of the Tories and one-nationism. yet only this week i saw something about whether he is the heir to Thatcher, and if one thing Cameron is consistent on its having a lack of consistent, solid policy.

(btw, tweet tag seems to screw with quotes)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You missed the bit about poor social mobility within the UK and the biggest determinant in how much you earn being how much your father earns/earned then?
And what have the Eton toffs ever tried to do about it? Remind me about their Inheritance Tax policy.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They will continue with the rhetoric I'm sure. Which is diametrically opposed to their current policies.
If their policies start matching the rhetoric, then labour will have a real struggle.

But if their policies match their rhetoric, then labour won't have a struggle - as they won't be needed, much of their job will be done for them. Trouble is with Cameron is that he says what he thinks will appeal to people at the time - but then just carries out the policies he really wants to anyway, which are often vastly different things. And for that, you have to admire him and Osbourne as politicians - whatever you think of their politics.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But if their policies match their rhetoric, then labour won't have a struggle - as they won't be needed, much of their job will be done for them. Trouble is with Cameron is that he says what he thinks will appeal to people at the time - but then just carries out the policies he really wants to anyway, which are often vastly different things. And for that, you have to admire him and Osbourne as politicians - whatever you think of their politics.

I certainly don't admire Osbourne and Cameron as politicians.
I am regularly disappointed that the media and electorate fail to hold them to task for the gap between what they say and what they do.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If the Tories really have moved Leftwards, that will really upset their foaming-at-the-mouth, swivel-eyed, hate-filled, Daily Mail-reading grass-roots supporters then; for these people, their Party can never be Right-wing enough!
Spoken by a truly blinkered and obviously oblivious person. The right, the far right, are a minority even in the ranks of Conservative heartlands... centre right is where the majority sit.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Haha DAILY MAIL headline. Scared of having an opposition by chance?

Tells you everything you need to know about Cameron as an intellectual, can't even reason with an argument that suggests killing bin Laden may be counter productive. That punishment is not always the only answer. He is such a pr*ck, I can't put it better than that.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
can't even reason with an argument that suggests killing bin Laden may be counter productive. That punishment is not always the only answer..

That's not quite what Corbyn said though, was it? He didn't say the death of OBL was counter-productive and leave it at that. He said the WTC deaths were a tragedy and that OBL's death was a tragedy. There's a moral equivalence apparently. Cameron was very specific about calling Corbyn out for this moral equivalence. And by all means disagree but it's a pretty retarded style of debate to be agreeing that Cameron is resorting to 'Daily Mail' rantings and then go and call him a prick.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Has he mentioned the massive increase in homelessness since he came in to power yet?

Do any of the party leaders talk about their failures when addressing their party conference ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kid gloves are now officially OFF for The Nasty Party, same as we always knew they would be, as soon as they got elected with an overall majority. Now they're queueing up to out-nasty each other. some pretty disgusting things being bandied about in the name of naked political ambition by some pretty disgusting people. But who would have expected anything else?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Has he mentioned the massive increase in homelessness since he came in to power yet?
Well hopefully a cut in immigration and housing others will help our own homeless. Good job Bassingbourn Barracks has been opened up to homeless ex armed forces before those places are taken up with the influx.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
That's not quite what Corbyn said though, was it? He didn't say the death of OBL was counter-productive and leave it at that. He said the WTC deaths were a tragedy and that OBL's death was a tragedy. There's a moral equivalence apparently. Cameron was very specific about calling Corbyn out for this moral equivalence. And by all means disagree but it's a pretty retarded style of debate to be agreeing that Cameron is resorting to 'Daily Mail' rantings and then go and call him a prick.

If you put a full stop at the end of sentence 1 and 2, then yes you can create an equivalence, but it's not that simple is it? It's absolutely pathetic of Cameron to be so unsophisticated in his approach but I'm not surprised, that his approach to most things - Like fueling the fire of anti immigration rhetoric, like blaming those in receipt of benefit for all the ills of the country.

He is a prick, I'm not debating that bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here