Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Davey Cameron's rednbluenwhite army

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Remarkably leftist speech from Cameron, there.

Labour have moved left, and the Tories have wasted no time in a land grab.

If the Tories really have moved Leftwards, that will really upset their foaming-at-the-mouth, swivel-eyed, hate-filled, Daily Mail-reading grass-roots supporters then; for these people, their Party can never be Right-wing enough!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Really? The BBC's political editor, who has some idea what she's talking about, doesn't think so.

You decided you would dislike it before you even heard it.

[tweet]651724555715801088[/tweet]

Just as you decided you would love it before you heard it - just 'cos it was Dave?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cameron is panicking. Tories look utterly f***ed. It's hilarious.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Really? The BBC's political editor, who has some idea what she's talking about, doesn't think so.

You decided you would dislike it before you even heard it.

[tweet]651724555715801088[/tweet]

his conference liked it though 6 standing ovations .......................................................and just how many houses and prisons have they built in the last 5 years ?

AND I HAVE JUST NOTICED YOU MISSED OUT MY FIRST LINE IN THAT POST

TRICKY

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cameron is panicking. Tories look utterly f***ed. It's hilarious.
Very much this. Never before has there been such CAPITULATION.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Looks to me like they're using language to appeal to voters as far as centre-left while still delivering policies that fall to the right, while constantly telling those floating voters that Corbyn is an extremist can't be trusted.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
did he spout some self-satisfied crap about housing policy designed to help the middle class retain their privilege and wealth?

Same old Tories.

what is middle class privilege?

why should the middle class not be able to retain any wealth they have?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A reasonably well delivered, clever, politically savvy message. I was only 99.9% sure Labour were doomed after electing Corybn, if the Conservatives continue with similar rhetoric/policies all doubt has been removed.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Looks to me like they're using language to appeal to voters as far as centre-left while still delivering policies that fall to the right, while constantly telling those floating voters that Corbyn is an extremist can't be trusted.

Precisely - the speech was leftist, in that the rhetoric was further left then the content.

I think there were some things to like in it overall. But he did **** a dead pig's head.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If the Tories really have moved Leftwards, that will really upset their foaming-at-the-mouth, swivel-eyed, hate-filled, Daily Mail-reading grass-roots supporters then; for these people, their Party can never be Right-wing enough!

The only hate that I have seen this week comes from the rag tag mob outside. So, all 11 million voters can be described as such, can they? Use just a bit of thought when giving opinions.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Good speech from Cameron. Very clearly grabbing that centre ground, even centre left that has been vacated by Labour.

Seems though that Theresa May didn't get the memo. She's clearly trying to do a "Corbyn" and appeal to the extreme of the party. Can't see it's going to work.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A reasonably well delivered, clever, politically savvy message. I was only 99.9% sure Labour were doomed after electing Corybn, if the Conservatives continue with similar rhetoric/policies all doubt has been removed.

They will continue with the rhetoric I'm sure. Which is diametrically opposed to their current policies.
If their policies start matching the rhetoric, then labour will have a real struggle.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
From the clips I just endured he has obviously been advised to cash in on the rather monotone delivery of Corbyn by putting in the odd growl and snarl to appear passionate.

Also, loads of rhetoric as usual, but can they actually do anything about all of these issues?

Jury's out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here