Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Davey Cameron's rednbluenwhite army

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
While contemplating Tory rule, I came across this interesting article about how in recent years the Tory party has changed into being an elite club for Eton and other public school cronies. Not since the 1950's have so many of this ilk dominated positions of power in government. John Major, the well known radical and Labour supporter voices his disquiet on how the party has shifted from a state educated to an Eton elite position.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/nov/11/john-major-public-school-tory-elite

An element of hypocrisy here, don't you think? Harking back to the good old days of John Major etc, when after looking at your posts, it is not convincing, as I am certain that you would have been equally as critical of the Tories then. I would be very careful about such statements, as I think you will find that the make-up of the House of Commons has changed quite a bit over the years and this transcends all parties. Did not the recent survey posted on here show how many MPs had never had a real job, and actually there were more Labour MPs. How many Labour MPs went to private school? Didn't JC himself go to a nice prep school away from all those nasty working class children? Kinnock plus family on the EU gravy train? Blair charging about the globe making millions? Doubtless many others of their ilk, as you would say.
I don't doubt what you say is true in that the government is dominated by folk educated at public school, but the Tories are not alone. Perhaps there should be some sort of regulation that insists on any MP having worked outside of politics for a set number of years? Just a thought.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
You just KNOW Corbyn wears socks with sandals along with some shit baggy khaki shorts whilst on holiday, I couldnt vote for him for that reason alone , let alone the multitude of others.

So presumably you wouldn't go near Chloe Sevigney...

clip-image00210.jpg

or Amy Adams?

amyadams.jpg

:facepalm:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
E
An element of hypocrisy here, don't you think? Harking back to the good old days of John Major etc, when after looking at your posts, it is not convincing, as I am certain that you would have been equally as critical of the Tories then. I would be very careful about such statements, as I think you will find that the make-up of the House of Commons has changed quite a bit over the years and this transcends all parties. Did not the recent survey posted on here show how many MPs had never had a real job, and actually there were more Labour MPs. How many Labour MPs went to private school? Didn't JC himself go to a nice prep school away from all those nasty working class children? Kinnock plus family on the EU gravy train? Blair charging about the globe making millions? Doubtless many others of their ilk, as you would say.
I don't doubt what you say is true in that the government is dominated by folk educated at public school, but the Tories are not alone. Perhaps there should be some sort of regulation that insists on any MP having worked outside of politics for a set number of years? Just a thought.
Not harking back to anything, and not a Labour supporter either, just pointing out that if a senior Conservative figure thinks something is wrong in the kingdom then it may be pertinent for others to have views. Mind read all you want though to make your stance feel more comfortable.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So the national debt had doubled, tax revenue is down, the NHS is nearly destroyed, paedophiles still not prosecuted, middle east still in crisis, policing cut, millions of working families about to be worse off, workers rights about to be reduced to Victorian levels, tax regime changing so that not only us but all of Europe will get virtually no money from large corporations, state assets sold below market value, massive secret trade deal about to be signed that energy hands sovereignty to corporations... Where is the good news?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
So the national debt had doubled, tax revenue is down, the NHS is nearly destroyed, paedophiles still not prosecuted, middle east still in crisis, policing cut, millions of working families about to be worse off, workers rights about to be reduced to Victorian levels, tax regime changing so that not only us but all of Europe will get virtually no money from large corporations, state assets sold below market value, massive secret trade deal about to be signed that energy hands sovereignty to corporations... Where is the good news?

You forgot to mention the removal of local democracy where fracking is concerned and the withdrawal of support for renewable energy sources.

On the bright side, we are still top of the league.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So the national debt had doubled, ...

everytime i see someone complain about this, is see its someone leaning left. so i ask what services and budgets do you want cut to reduce the deficit, to eventually reduce the debt. btw taxes revenues risen every year since 2009.

amongst the other hyperbole, i'm wondering what tax regime you refer to? and secret trade deal TIPP is part of the EU, we sign up to the EU we've sign up to TIPP - what you going to do, leave?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
chloe sevigny looks like a bloke, so no i wouldnt , wearing socks with sandals is a c*nty thing to do , thats why im sure that corbyn does it , however i'd drop my principles in a nanosecond for a go on amy adams.

I rather like Chloe Sevigny.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You just KNOW Corbyn wears socks with sandals along with some shit baggy khaki shorts whilst on holiday, I couldnt vote for him for that reason alone , let alone the multitude of others.

What was it, your herione Maggie, said?

oh, yeah..

"If they attack you personally, it means they have not a single political argument left"

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

oh, yeah..

"If they attack you personally, it means they have not a single political argument left"

Even then, she plagiarized that from Socrates, “When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

He also said, “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”

Perhaps old "Call Me Dave" didn't cover that in his PPE degree course?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I understand. I'm sure leather is more to your taste:

tumblr_lpvgsn3vip1r07ipbo1_500.jpg

Now there's a man with an ideology immeasurably closer to your own.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Not sure if you've noticed the difference but your two examples are firstly female and young, but Corbyn is male and older. Now look at the photos from the calves up, the females are nice but Corbyn would still look like Albert Steptoe.

Resisting the temptation to be sarcastic, I was attempting to highlight the absurdity of the original "socks and sandals" comment. Personally, I think anyone who burns a £50 note in front of a homeless person is a bit of a c**t, but some people seem to think it's a pre-requisite in order to be able to be PM.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

oh, yeah..

maggie , my heroine , really ?? It was meant to be a little bit lighthearted you humourless bore.........

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I understand. I'm sure leather is more to your taste:

tumblr_lpvgsn3vip1r07ipbo1_500.jpg

Now there's a man with an ideology immeasurably closer to your own.
you know nothing about my political leanings , it just highlights your lack of imagination to constantly peddle nazi smears as you lack the wherewithal to mount a decent counter argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here