Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Darren Moore leaves MASSIVE by mutual consent

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Not much of a sliding doors moment Lenny as Baird started against Hereford (suspensions didn't kick-in for 14 days back then, so Baird didn't serve his suspension until the following season).
Apologies I thought he was suspended. 🙏

Age playing tricks with me 😂

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Apologies I thought he was suspended. 🙏

Age playing tricks with me 😂

Hereford.jpg

And if you wanted to watch the whole match:- Hereford v Albion 1997

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's called karma for kicking off with Baird in the last game at the Goldstone! :)
Me and a few other Albion fans and SOL members bumped into him in a hotel in Bradford the morning of our game at Halifax a few years after this. We had a good and long chat with him about that final game and especially his ding-dong with Baird. He explained exactly what happened....and when the ref repeatedly did nothing he decided to wallop him :lolol:

He came across as a lovely guy.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Darren Moore was at Burton for a season years back - always came across very well and ideal manager material

A lot of managers have come and gone at massive - most when they point out what the team needs only to be told they are wrong - last one doing this was Pullis who was proved right as they then got relegated

96 points in a regular season and play off win obviously not enough when you are massive

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Even though if you watch the footage now it should have been Mayo that got a straight red😂

Albion sliding doors, Kerry wouldn’t have played at Hereford and would Baird kept Robbie off the pitch?

As for Moore, as alluded to on this thread previously, they were allegedly going to bin him when all seemed lost after the first’s leg, but when he was racially abused because of the 4-0 defeat they rightly stood by their man.

Clearly if it was widespread knowledge about the potential sacking, Moore’s rightly seen the iceberg also knowing that his stock is very high this summer, he will either be in work before pre season kicks off or at the first wave of sackings in the Championship.

Mutual consent has always been a very broadchurch, both Barry Lloyd and Micky Adams left the Albion by it but in totally different circumstances.
Just after the Moore/Baird sending off some bananas were thrown from the West Stand. I was in the north-west corner when three lads who looked about 16/17 walked past me, one of whom was carrying bananas in a semi-transparent bag. It never occured to me what their intention was, naively I thought we'd seen that back of that kind of shit in the 80's

View attachment 162528

And if you wanted to watch the whole match:- Hereford v Albion 1997
Thanks very much AZ, I had no idea that existed as it wasn't broadcast anywhere....was it? The sound didn't appear to capture the roar I thought I remembered immediately before kick-off. Also our support must have been at least 3,500 as our allocation was 3,300 and many (like me) bought home tickets .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Perhaps Darren Moore's new career should be in the ring, he put up a pretty good resistance against Ian Baird at the Goldstone back in 1997.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
also at Huddersfield these days are ex BHA Mark Cartwright, Sporting Director and Simon Ireland part of Darren's coaching team

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Awful fans.

A guy I used to work with in Peterborough is a Sheffield Wednesday fan. We both went to the 3-0 win against them a few years ago at the Amex and I got a ride down with him on their supporters coach.

Non-stop homophobic chanting the whole way there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here