Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Darren Moore leaves MASSIVE by mutual consent

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This confused me, so I took to Owlstalk for help.

After reading numerous WTFs, and variants, I'm still none the wiser.

Anyone able to explain what's going on there?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

They wanted rid of him and blame him for losing 4-0 in the play off semis

They don't give him the credit for turning it around and getting promoted

He's better off out of that place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

They're MASSIVE. They're too MASSIVE for us mortals to comprehend what's happening. You have a better chance of understanding the Christian thread.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think possibly the racist abuse he suffered by so-called supporters after the first leg 4-0 defeat may have contributed towards it.

If I got a club promoted but suffered abuse because of the colour of my skin, I would think twice about leading them forwards, offer my resignation and leave MASSIVE in a mess with pre-season training just around the corner. Big Darren is a decent man and manager. I hope he gets a good club where he's appreciated fully. He deserves it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They wanted rid of him and blame him for losing 4-0 in the play off semis

They don't give him the credit for turning it around and getting promoted

He's better off out of that place.
I think their 'WTF's are well and truly justified. Still, I suppose another tinpot (but very rich) owner just wants a design manager, I guess, preferably foreign, with a faint tinge of flair. :shrug:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
It's called karma for kicking off with Baird in the last game at the Goldstone! :)
Even though if you watch the footage now it should have been Mayo that got a straight red😂

Albion sliding doors, Kerry wouldn’t have played at Hereford and would Baird kept Robbie off the pitch?

As for Moore, as alluded to on this thread previously, they were allegedly going to bin him when all seemed lost after the first’s leg, but when he was racially abused because of the 4-0 defeat they rightly stood by their man.

Clearly if it was widespread knowledge about the potential sacking, Moore’s rightly seen the iceberg also knowing that his stock is very high this summer, he will either be in work before pre season kicks off or at the first wave of sackings in the Championship.

Mutual consent has always been a very broadchurch, both Barry Lloyd and Micky Adams left the Albion by it but in totally different circumstances.

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
All about timing. Now Pep has won the Champions League, he’s ready to move on and where else would he want to go?!
Is Pep massive enough though? He’s only a European champion becuase Lukaku missed the goal from 3 yards out.

Wednesday were a premier league club 20 years ago don’t ya know.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I remember thinking after the playoffs “I would walk away now if I was him.” The abuse he got after the Peterborough game was a disgrace and must have hurt him after all he has done for that club. They don’t deserve him quite frankly.
This. Just had a quick look at their forum and it seems they're looking for any explanation except this one. Though, admittedly, I didn't look for very long.

It's kinda weird though, because the racism is the obvious explanation for the whole "mutual consent" thing. Feels like they're really contorting themselves to avoid arriving at the obvious conclusion.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Chansiri, the owner of Massive, is a nutter. I can imagine Moore wanted certain reassurances or budget to be competitive and Chansiri couldn't give it. The whole reason they got relegated to League 1 in the first place was due to Chansiri's clumsy attempt to beat FFP.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They're MASSIVE. They're too MASSIVE for us mortals to comprehend what's happening. You have a better chance of understanding the Christian thread.
Yeah they’re gods and they move in mysterious ways . Heaven help those who think they’re ficking idiots.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Even though if you watch the footage now it should have been Mayo that got a straight red😂

Albion sliding doors, Kerry wouldn’t have played at Hereford and would Baird kept Robbie off the pitch?

Not much of a sliding doors moment Lenny as Baird started against Hereford (suspensions didn't kick-in for 14 days back then, so Baird didn't serve his suspension until the following season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here