Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Darren Moore leaves MASSIVE by mutual consent

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I assume that that was back in around 2016? The majoroty of their fans absolutely loved him back then as all they saw was a rich foreign man with a bottomless pit of family wealth to draw on. They didn't see an incompetent business man with zero clues on how to run a football club. I seem to remember that they even thought they had a chance of landing Dunk and Knockaert in the 2016 summer window!
Yeah Summer of 2016, still laugh about it to this very day. Carlos had a dream etc... Red Flags should have been there when he demanded the substitute goalkeeper wore the number 2.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah Summer of 2016, still laugh about it to this very day. Carlos had a dream etc... Red Flags should have been there when he demanded the substitute goalkeeper wore the number 2.
Shades of Vincent Tao the Cardiff chairman who changed the Bluebirds shirts to red back in the day, as it was the lucky colour in the Far East, and of Assem Allam who tried to change the name of his club from Hull City to Hull Tigers.

Fortunatly sanity prevailed in the end.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Feel weird about this latest twist, if I'm honest.

On the one hand it's somewhat amusing to picture their arrogant fans plodding around non-league for a bit.

But on the other it's yet another historic football club looking at oblivion because of the money misguidedly spent chasing the Premier League dream.

Not for the first time, nor the last, I'm reminded how incredibly lucky we are to be owned by a local fan.

You can play teams in the same division and not get along, but whatever rivalry or tension happened between us and them, their fans don't deserve what this guy is doing to them. I think this situation shows that the fans were absolutely right to be worried about him running their club, if his reaction to criticism is to blackmail them. I hope they manage to get rid of him without damaging the club any further.
Agreed, laugh at their delusions of grandeur and their ridiculous arrogance, but not any form of potential bankruptcy.....

Still one of the best memes done by Sheff United fans after they lost to Huddersfield in the playoff semis! That was funny, bankruptcy isn't.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agreed, laugh at their delusions of grandeur and their ridiculous arrogance, but not any form of potential bankruptcy.....

Still one of the best memes done by Sheff United fans after they lost to Huddersfield in the playoff semis! That was funny, bankruptcy isn't.

I'm not laughing at Wednesday coz of the current shitstorm, but from a fan-banter perspective, this Sheff U video is probably the funniest - probably funnier than the Reading pitch celebration for them. For context, Wednesday had literally just equalised in the Sheffield Derby at Hillsborough.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
A good friend of mine is a Weds fan and as much fun as it's been laughing at them, we better than anyone know what it's like to have our very existence threatened by a lunatic owner, and to be honest this guy looks deranged and prepared to ruin them out of spite alone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Independent (non-governmental) regulator
we could call it the Association of Football Clubs or something similar?

this really is something within the power of the existing football clubs to do. we saw with the creation of Premier League the clubs can look out for thier own interests (being bound by collective decisions). the clubs set rules around ownership, put them into articles for the holding company. there are plenty of examples of charities, not for profits, community trusts etc that show how.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
What a mess. £2m eh? Pay that and how long before another debt arises?

I reckon it is bollocks. Chairman escalating the fan wind up.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Independent (non-governmental) regulator

This is basically what’s needed. Obviously the details of what and how they do it are the important part but currently we have the same body in charge of promoting football in England that is also in charge of regulating it. That’s a definite clash of interests as they won’t want to make what they’re promoting look bad will they? Regulation and enforcement should be a separate function to promotion and running of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here