Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star missing from now on.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Most chose harveys for the pie and pint option and for the e-cash rebate.Dark Star have so much to offer as a brewery than the one trick Harveys,loads of different beers to enjoy,all the others Sussex brewers can deliver quality beers suited to the mobile bar format but each would struggle without the advantages offered to Harveys in the main bars.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Disappointing news we did our best in the East Stand Lower to keep the numbers up however it should mean an improvement in results as when ever I drunk more Hophead that Harvey's we lost, that can't happen now so no more defeats.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They have been doing it for over a year and if they were given room in the main bars they have a much more interesting stable of beers than the one trick pony ouse muck served by Harveys

interesting prejudice. what is it with the anti-Harveys? preference between Hophead and Sussex Best is down to personal taste, they aren't really similar enough to compare directly. you talk about the stable and they are both pretty varied and cover much the same ground in their own way, though Darkstar insist on the citrusy new world hops. "one trick" suggests you've not ventured beyond the Best?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
All Cider is piss ,Irish cider is Irish piss.

posh2.jpg

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
interesting prejudice. what is it with the anti-Harveys? preference between Hophead and Sussex Best is down to personal taste, they aren't really similar enough to compare directly. you talk about the stable and they are both pretty varied and cover much the same ground in their own way, though Darkstar insist on the citrusy new world hops. "one trick" suggests you've not ventured beyond the Best?

I am not totally opposed to Harveys,"best"I have had loads of pie and a pint deals at Falmer,I much prefered K&B Festive in the days of the Sussex beer wars but there should be room for the new kid on the block competing at an even level in all the bars.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Can we have a decent cider instead?

Thatchers Gold on draught is magnificent. Although I prefer the stronger bottled stuff like Katy, draught gold is a great pint for football.
Went to the Bolton game with 2 others, I was looking forward to drinking Dark Star as I had heard much about it on here and to be honest none of us liked it, Harveys was better but not that impressed.

Honestly, not because I live in the SW but I am a Doom Bar man and thankfully one of the pubs at the station ( forgotten which one) sells Doom Bar and I had more than my fill.

By the way, next time you are in M&S pick up a bottle of Sussex Golden Ale brewed by Hepworths in Horsham, it was absolutely delicious, dont know if it is made only for M&S.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I am not totally opposed to Harveys,"best"I have had loads of pie and a pint deals at Falmer,I much prefered K&B Festive in the days of the Sussex beer wars but there should be room for the new kid on the block competing at an even level in all the bars.

Had a pint of Harveys Old just before Christmas in a pub in Robertsbridge. I commented how nice it was but much preferred King & Barnes' Old. He said to me that what a lot of people didn't know was it was one and the same as Harveys brewed it for K & B. I gave him my best Paddington Bear stare. Having been brought up in Horsham and cut my teeth on K & B beers I could not believe my ears, stupid stupid man. K & B won awards year on year for that brew, Bill King would do his nut if knew such crap was said about of his finest brews.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Had a pint of Harveys Old just before Christmas in a pub in Robertsbridge. I commented how nice it was but much preferred King & Barnes' Old. He said to me that what a lot of people didn't know was it was one and the same as Harveys brewed it for K & B. I gave him my best Paddington Bear stare. Having been brought up in Horsham and cut my teeth on K & B beers I could not believe my ears, stupid stupid man. K & B won awards year on year for that brew, Bill King would do his nut if knew such crap was said about of his finest brews.

The man should have been burnt on a stake at the Carfax for such blasphemy. Draught Festive was the beer of the gods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here