Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star missing from now on.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I bet the traditional mild drinkers said that when the new bloody bitter and IPA styled beers arrived on the scene. Beer styles are changing all the time thank God. Maybe we should go back to the Red Barrel, Trophy and Tankard days Brovian.
I'll grant you that Dark Stars like their hops though.

Ah, but when stuff like Watney's Red Barrel arrived it was people like you who said how brilliant, modern and 'with-it' it was, so much better than that traditional crap that Grandad drank! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We pay our money and make our choice,yours is 39p cheaper than Dark Star.I just think there is room for both on an even playing field,just dump the Strongbow.Only hippies and travellers drink that muck.
As an ex hippy traveller I'd like to point out that Dark Star pisses all over Strongbow.

special_brew.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:
Ah, but when stuff like Watney's Red Barrel arrived it was people like you who said how brilliant, modern and 'with-it' it was, so much better than that traditional crap that Grandad drank! :lolol:

Trust me I don't actually remember it arriving. I,m not that old.:wink:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't get these Harveys v Dark Star threads.

We have two World Class breweries on our door step. Harveys represent a fine English tradition and Dark Star represent the influence that the US brewing revolution has had on the world of beer, but even then Dark Star have some great examples of traditional English ales and Harveys have some fine modern styles within their seasonal beer range.

For me I prefer Sussex Best at the Amex, but will happily drink the odd pint of Hophead. I personally think that Hophead is more of a summer beer. That combined with the consistency and availability of Sussex Best, has swung it for me.

Incidentally I rarely drink either beer in one of their tied houses, both breweries produce such a wonderful range of beers, the choice is always fantastic.

There are also at least another half dozen excellent breweries in Sussex, just relax and enjoy folks this is a golden age for beer.

Not when I walk in to a pub and find a choice of Doom Bar or Harvey's

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you think Dark Star like their hops you should try Brewdog.

I love Brewdog HT. my daughters bought me a 24 crate of American craft beers for Xmas and 5am Saint and their others can stand side by side with most of the top US brews.
All this talk..... I,m going to have a Goose Island now.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Was looking fwd to drinking Hophead at the bars but was seldom on sale where you could use the ecard.

Just a thought, would the Amex make a good venue for a Beer fest?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Bring back The original King Barns brewery I preferred the Sussex ale however it been spoilt by the brewery that bought the Horsham Brewery.

Ah!! the Sussex Ale now brewed in Hampshire,or is it Dorset?
Unfortunately the Horsham Brewery is now a gated flat complex,the Brewery shop that once sold the most wonderful bottled beers now an Indian/Chinese/Mongolian/Mexican restaurant.The well that gave the beer it's precious life now filled in.

R.I.P King and Barnes. Long live WJ Kings Festive,Long live Dark Star Festival true heirs to the long lost King and Barnes Festive.

Long Live Harveys Best but their is room for both brewers at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here