Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dark Star missing from now on.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Club e-mail today informs me that due to poor sales Dark Star will be only available in Dicks Bar from tomorrow,perhaps if they had offered it from the main bars with the meal deal option and the 10% smartcard refund rather than only from portable bars it might have stood a chance.
It seems to me that the club gave Harveys a massive advantage over dark Star.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Club e-mail today informs me that due to poor sales Dark Star will be only available in Dicks Bar from tomorrow,perhaps if they had offered it from the main bars with the meal deal option and the 10% smartcard refund rather than only from portable bars it might have stood a chance.
It seems to me that the club gave Harveys a massive advantage over dark Star.

Actually Dark Star missed the boat and were extremely slow to get sorted at the Amex

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Strange, they've always run out of the stuff after the game.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can we have a decent cider instead?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
We pay our money and make our choice,yours is 39p cheaper than Dark Star.i just think there is room for both on an even playing field,just dump the Strongbow.Only hippies and travellers drink that muck.
Have to agree Dark star was very nice but to many drink pish water (larger). Could of easily had room for two quality beers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They have been doing it for over a year and if they were given room in the main bars they have a much more interesting stable of beers than the one trick pony ooze muck served by Harveys

Not disagreeing as prefer it but they missed the boat. Were to slow to get sorted, more expensive and struggling with volume I believe

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Not disagreeing as prefer it but they missed the boat. Were to slow to get sorted, more expensive and struggling with volume I believe

Only dearer due to the cash only sales not generating 39p refunds and they have grown massively since being a pub micro brewery,outgrew the pub,outgrew the brewery at Ansty. Moved to Partridge Green,they have ambition,I cant believe they would struggle if given the chance to compete on an even level with Harveys.
The Pie and a pint deal and 10% refund that Harveys has collared put them at a massive disadvantage.Put the pumps in the main bars.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I think the biggest problem they had (certainly in the North) is that Dark Star was only served on the cash only mobile outlets. If there had been the option to buy it with your e-cash card, I think it would have done better. I try not to spend "cash" at the Amex, due to me being a tight git!!! Bit of a shame, but I can see why they are not going to be there anymore.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It tastes too thin to me anyway. Well done Harveys.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I think the biggest problem they had (certainly in the North) is that Dark Star was only served on the cash only mobile outlets. If there had been the option to buy it with your e-cash card, I think it would have done better. I try not to spend "cash" at the Amex, due to me being a tight git!!! Bit of a shame, but I can see why they are not going to be there anymore.
Totally agree,I think the next move will be NO mobile bars,this has more to do with cost cutting than sales volumes,the club don't care what pint you drink they are only interested in volumes at minimum cost.Look forward to choosing to queue or buying bottled from the back pact vendors.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I drink a lot of Hophead in the summer and it's a cracking pale ale but it always taste's a bit like its on the turn at the Amex. Not sure how they keep it there but they don't do a very good job of it.

The pint I had on Saturday there was the best yet as it tasted fresh.

The e-card situation hasn't helped. I always drink Harveys mainly as I can use my card but would have ordered Hophead more if it was available to buy on the e-card.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I drink a lot of Hophead in the summer and it's a cracking pale ale but it always taste's a bit like its on the turn at the Amex. Not sure how they keep it there but they don't do a very good job of it.

The pint I had on Saturday there was the best yet as it tasted fresh.

The e-card situation hasn't helped. I always drink Harveys mainly as I can use my card but would have ordered Hophead more if it was available to buy on the e-card.

Very much this. I like Hophead (possibly more than the Harveys) but drank the Harveys because it was far more convenient.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Interesting that they put on a Christmas ale behind the bars, available on E-Cards, but not Dark Star.

They also ran out of Harveys after the Newcastle game in the North, so I went home dry.............Barber out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here