Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth joins Newcastle

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If we have given permission he wants to talk and in doing that he obviously has no concerns about the ownership. He is gone isn’t he.
Yes. He's gone.

Otherwise he'll have already told bhafc he wasn't interested. Just his notice period and compensation to be negotiated.

Money more important to him than being able to look in the mirror, I suppose.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That’ll be Bissouma to Newcastle then with his contract expiring next season

Why would he be more likely to go to Newcastle than any of the other 19 Premier League clubs that would love to have him in their squad?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If the rumours are true, they’ll be desperate to get him in by the start of the transfer window……….if it’s happening, it’ll happen quickly.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If some Saudi bloke appeared at your doorstep tomorrow saying, "we'll give Wilson to Brighton if you allow us to behead ten random Saudis..."... admit you'd think long and hard about it!

No I wouldn’t. There are some things even more important than us signing a striker (although I suggested Wilson before he went to Newcastle)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If the rumours are true, they’ll be desperate to get him in by the start of the transfer window……….if it’s happening, it’ll happen quickly.
It'll depend how stubborn we are about his contractual notice period. It must be 3 months minimum ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sure we have no one lined up or maybe a couple of Slovenian under 16s but you would think brighton would have to put in a gentleman's agreement to not allow ashworth to go in for any of our immediate targets ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why would he be more likely to go to Newcastle than any of the other 19 Premier League clubs that would love to have him in their squad?

If they stay up - ambitious, guaranteed to start every game, can pay huge wages. Probably more desperate for a player of his quality than the others.

And Ashworth will know exactly what other clubs have been interested, how much he's on etc

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Have Newcastle got any prolific and reliable 20 goal plus per season forwards we could swap him for?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Newcastle have rapidly turned into the most dislikeable club in the world, If Ashworth does go, does this mean, Smug Eddie will be poaching some of our promising stars. I can only hope Ashworth is a massive fan of Locardia and Connolly.

He is certainly a massive fan of Connolly but only because he came through the Brighton Youth Ranks.

His affinity for having him in a Newcastle side won't have the same appeal to Ashworth at Newcastle wouldn't have the same attractions as there has been for him at Brighton.

Eddie Howe will be gone from Newcastle at the end of the season if Ashworth goes there because Howe won't let Ashworth anywhere near the dressing room.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They're desperate and they have unlimited money. And as soon as they nick him for 15m from us and he puts pen to paper he will be worth 50m again.

Lamptey was an ashworth signing as well ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If they stay up - ambitious, guaranteed to start every game, can pay huge wages. Probably more desperate for a player of his quality than the others.

And Ashworth will know exactly what other clubs have been interested, how much he's on etc

If he is available…

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It'll depend how stubborn we are about his contractual notice period. It must be 3 months minimum ?

It was 6 months when he left the FA to join us so I’d imagine it will the same here. Newcastle know If they are going to take someone already in a job they won’t be in place by January. Hence them appointing Nicky Hammond to oversee the January transfer window.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The only irreplaceable man at the club, is Mr. Tony Bloom.

When the club gained promotion from League 1 to the Championship, neither Ashworth or Potter were there. Mr. Tony Bloom was.

When the club gained promotion to the Premier League, neither Ashworth or Potter were there. Mr. Tony Bloom was.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They're desperate and they have unlimited money. And as soon as they nick him for 15m from us and he puts pen to paper he will be worth 50m again.

Lamptey was an ashworth signing as well ?

That’s the ticket.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It was 6 months when he left the FA to join us so I’d imagine it will the same here. Newcastle know If they are going to take someone already in a job they won’t be in place by January hence them appointing Nicky Hammond to oversee the January transfer window.
If he does go then I guess we will all be praying castle go down !!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was 6 months when he left the FA to join us so I’d imagine it will the same here. Newcastle know If they are going to take someone already in a job they won’t be in place by January. Hence them appointing Nicky Hammond to oversee the January transfer window.

Do you think we'll make him work 6 month notice knowing he'll be off to Newcastle? Probably come to some 'arrangement' and he leaves immediately

Trying to look at it neutrally:

Positives

- Huge potential
- Chance to work on a big project - academy, ladies team, can only improve the first team

Negatives

- In a tail spin
- No CEO
- How much impact can he have in the short term now
- Saudi Influence

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes. He's gone.

Otherwise he'll have already told bhafc he wasn't interested. Just his notice period and compensation to be negotiated.

Money more important to him than being able to look in the mirror, I suppose.

No need to negotiate Compensation. If he is on a set "Rolling Contract" then that's your " Compromise Agreement" right there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Players, managers staff all come and go the only one consistent in any football club is the supporters. Unfortunately our club seem to be forgetting this at present. The recent history lesson by Potter & co was nothing but condescending, those old enough know what the fans of this club did in the dark days none of them would be here now earning a fortune if it wasn’t for the supporters of this club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here