Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Ashworth joins Newcastle

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This seems like the likely outcome.

Manure are in direct competition with Newcastle (and us) in terms of the race for European places. Part of their thinking must be to sabotage the Geordie’s set-up. Screwing their summer recruitment process is a good move (for them and probably us).
Ashworth doesn't do a lot with direct recruitment :shrug:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Indeed. Smug Eddie has stated :

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe called for a swift resolution to the situation at his press conference on Friday, and agreed that it was a concern that Ashworth, privy to sensitive recruitment information, was being approached by a Premier League rival.

Twat!
I read that Eddies brother is also employed in scouting up there and was at loggerheads with Ashworth and excluded him from the “inner circle” meetings

Lewis Hall apparently was an Ashworth tainted appointment and not one for the Howe family, clearly!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Jim Ratcliffe on the pursuit of Dan Ashworth​

"I think Dan Ashworth is a 10/10 sporting director - one of the best around. He would be very good for Manchester United. It is understandable that somebody like Dan would see the Manchester United job as a very interesting challenge at this stage of his career.

"Ultimately, you can't really criticise Dan for looking at maybe the most coveted job in football as a sporting director - particularly with the challenge at Manchester United. What doesn't make sense is for Dan Ashworth to be sat doing nothing for 18 months."

Sorry Jim, but I think it makes perfect sense.

Oh, and PS, pay some bloody tax.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

"I think Dan Ashworth is a 10/10 sporting director - one of the best around. He would be very good for Manchester United. It is understandable that somebody like Dan would see the Manchester United job as a very interesting challenge at this stage of his career.

"Ultimately, you can't really criticise Dan for looking at maybe the most coveted job in football as a sporting director - particularly with the challenge at Manchester United. What doesn't make sense is for Dan Ashworth to be sat doing nothing for 18 months."

Might as well another 20 years or so until he’s homogenised the structures at every PL club :shrug:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

And as a UK tax payer myself I don't want to fund the next Manchester United football ground. Speak to those billionaires, the Glazer family about funding it.

Jim Ratcliffe the saviour and advocate of the north..........who tried to buy Chelsea from west London a year before. I hope it fails badly.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Would Sir Jim( Billionaire, tax avoider of this Parish that is, if your Parish is Monaco) be quite as keen on a National Stadium in the North, funded by British taxpayers, if that stadium was in Liverpool and given free to LFC?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
In fact, it seems it's 24 months gardening leave unless Ratcliffe pays the £20 million that Newcastle are asking. Marvelous scenes.
To be honest I can’t see anyone stopping him working for Manure whilst he’s on gardening leave. The irony is that Newcastle will be paying his wages.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Why don’t England just use the new Everton ground as the north of England Wembley. The thought of tax payers subsidising the new Man Utd ground is enough to make the blood boil.
Theres already a national stadium in the north, Wembley. How many do they need?

Reactions: cjd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here