Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cyclists should be made to take a test, have a licence, some kind of identification.

Doncha just love the typical British response to stuff....legislate, license, papers. No wonder everything is so difficult.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey Mr Tubthumper, you know you can post on 'Geeks' anytime you want.

You don't have to pass an initiation test, to verify your credentials. :lolol:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Cyclists should be made to take a test, have a licence, some kind of identification like number plates, because they are untraceable they just keep offending. Before any of the cyclist gang say anything, i dont give a ****.

Drivers should be made to wear a Stetson and have a giraffe in the vehicle at all times.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Cyclists in Oxford, where I live, are a law unto themselves. They are known as cyclopaths.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Car drivers hate cyclists. Cyclists hate car drivers.
Can't we all just live in harmony with each other ?
As a driver I have no problem with cyclists. It's when I'm a pedestrian I don't like cyclists jumping lights.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hey Mr Tubthumper, you know you can post on 'Geeks' anytime you want.

You don't have to pass an initiation test, to verify your credentials. :lolol:

:lolol: I take it I have passed then? :smile: :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cyclists and pedestrians do not respect each other.

New Road in Brighton is a shared space which attempts very successfully IMHO to minimise the distinction between cars, cyclists and pedestrians. I also think this shared approach engenders a very different mindset in users who become less territorial and aggressive. So, they can respect each other. Maybe we need more of this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I also think this shared approach engenders a very different mindset in users who become less territorial and aggressive. So, they can respect each other. Maybe we need more of this?
Very much this.

There's no way a non car zone would be filled with MAMiL's.

They will still duke it out with the cars around the ring road.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just seen 3 bikes do this at the intersection on London road by Aldi one nearly got flattened by a bus, I know it's been done to death but is this actually against the law? I don't have an issue with cyclists but if you're going to cycle on roads surely you have to abide by the laws of the road?

I'm always disappointed in the Middle Aged Men In Lycra who do that. A big part of you wants them to act like chivalrous knights of the road who live the cycling ethos - including abiding by the laws of the road. Instead, many of them just appear to be wankers who are in it primarily for the Lycra.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Cyclists should be made to take a test, have a licence, some kind of identification like number plates, because they are untraceable they just keep offending. Before any of the cyclist gang say anything, i dont give a ****.
Haven't cycled since my teens, but I have passed my Cycling Proficiency Test AND my Knights of the Road.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Personally I believe that if you jump a red I have every right to choose NOT to brake. The laws on my side. Flattened as****e cyclist without punishment. I'd go for it.

Ps that's if I was in my works vehicle not my 3.2

Last edited:

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Just got back from a wonderful holiday in Germany, where I cycled on the pavement along with lots of other cyclists and pedestrians and there didn't seem to be a bad word between the two.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Just got back from a wonderful holiday in Germany, where I cycled on the pavement along with lots of other cyclists and pedestrians and there didn't seem to be a bad word between the two.

Oh wonderful utopia, cyclists here is your dream, cycling next to toddlers and the octogenarians and smiling sweetly at each other! You want it go to Germany

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here