Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town and their amazing crowds!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Actually just got an email from Crawley, need to collect the ticket from the pre-paid window in ticket office in the car park - just in case anyone else hasn't got their ticket either.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Actually just got an email from Crawley, need to collect the ticket from the pre-paid window in ticket office in the car park - just in case anyone else hasn't got their ticket either.

Not sure they delivered any, all collection as advised above - strangely when I ordered online the kick off time was down as 6:45?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Blimey I'm glad you mentioned about the kick off time! I just assumed as it's local it was the correct time so that kids could go to it, I was going to get there about 6.15! Obviously not now :wozza:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember the different groups of fans in the north stand in the old days we would have groups of Spurs Man united Arsenal etc and we use to split into Rangers Celtic chants I actually surported Celtic and Spurs until we played them.! But Brighton have always been my number one team?:albion2::albion2::albion2: but its great seeing kids playing Footie in the park or walking through the shopping centre wearing Brighton kit, how things have changed .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Crawley born myself and do support Crawley, but Brighton is my team. In 1983 when I first started going to football matches, Crawley were below conference level and most of the players were postmen, Brighton were in old Division 2.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
PRE-SEASON MILLWALL AT HOME CROWD 1,391??? AWAY FANS 650:whistle:
WILL THE BUBBLE BURST FOR THEM THIS YEAR?

Why the post ? Crawley Town will take a long time to build up a sustained supporter base and I wish them well. I'm very pleased for those who've followed them for a while.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
The Crawley catchment area is about 250,000.

Crawley 107,000
horham 55,000
Redhill 25,000
Horley 20,000
east grinstead 20,000
Reigate 20,000

This doesn't include the Mid Sussex towns and villages.
Still,its totally meaningless if they dont give the football club a second thought.

I think Crawleys crowds will increase again this season though,we should average the 4,000 mark.

Most of those folks already support league teams though. That is what Crawley Town are up against.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
But the problem they have, that we didn't then, is that FFP exists now.
If you're only averaging 3.5k fans every fortnight, the gate receipts are miniscule. This means that their budget is tiny.
Expect them to go down this year (especially if Barker goes elsewhere)

What?

'Fpp' rules have existed in league 1 for about FIVE years.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Does anyone know if its Pay on The gate ? I assume so ?
And also any tips for how to get there tonight via one of the train stations nearby (Three Bridges ? is that best..) . Are there likely to be buses there and back ?

thanks.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Really fancy fish and chips tonight. Anyone know if there is a decent one near the ground? Or any other highly rated takeaway?

If you're going by train to Three Bridges there is an excellent award-winning chippy just round the corner in Pound Hill - the Master Fryer. Seems quite out of place in such a run down area because it really is top notch grub.

The same folk also have a branch in Felbridge

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Crawley born myself and do support Crawley, but Brighton is my team. In 1983 when I first started going to football matches, Crawley were below conference level and most of the players were postmen, Brighton were in old Division 2.
Yeah, I bet there's a fair number like you, ditto the people who moved there from London and brought their allegiances with them. As Crawley get established though and maintain a high(er) profile they'll gradually stake their own claim on the first-choice loyalties of the people of mid-Sussex. I was a Chelsea fan when I first moved to Sussex but eventually changed to Brighton - which I wouldn't have done if they'd been a shit non-league team.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Does anyone need a lift from lewes?? Can drop off in Brighton on the way home. Probably leaving around 5.45 from lewes

Pm me

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Really fancy fish and chips tonight. Anyone know if there is a decent one near the ground? Or any other highly rated takeaway?

Very good chippy at Southgate parade,which is a 10 minute walk from the stadium.
You could pop into the Downsman pub on the parade which does very good curries,it is owned and run by an Indian family.

The food at the stadium is now meant to be really nice,it was dire last season, but apparently has improved loads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here