Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley Town and their amazing crowds!

Oct 25, 2003
I haven't been to any friendlies thus far.I know Ritchie Barker has been having a look at young players and trialists.

The player you speak of is from Oz and played for Sunshine coast fire,who are based in Queensland.
I heard he did ok,but to early to say if Ritchie Barker rates him enough I soppose.
We do need a right back! so I'm sure he will be given every chance to immpress.

i only ask as he's only recently come over here and has been going to my church...nice guy, hope it works out for him

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think we should hold forth until our pre season friendly attendances are announced.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We got under 3000 for home games at the Goldstone during the dark days. Who gives a rat's arse ? Fair play to all Crawley fans.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Just seen this thread.
650 Millwall were there?Really?
Try 150.
Millwall rarely manage 650 for a league fixture thirty miles down the road.
The Crawley bubble is still intact thanks.
I went to Brighton v Watford (friendly in about 1990),crowd less than 2000.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We better take a lot fans to Crawley on Wednesday to welcome our new manager come all mid sussex brighton fans its only up the road.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I went to Brighton v Watford (friendly in about 1990),crowd less than 2000.

Did you?.....23 years ago?... that's very relevant..... I bet you went to the Valley too, when they used to get 60000........!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
PRE-SEASON MILLWALL AT HOME CROWD 1,391??? AWAY FANS 650:whistle:
WILL THE BUBBLE BURST FOR THEM THIS YEAR?

Feel sorry for them really regarding their crowds. They have got a fair size catchment area, Crawley/Horsham must be 130k, saying that I don't know what transport is like to The Broadfield from surrounding areas. Maybe it's something they ought to look at.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he expects unsettled striker Luis Suárez to play against Melbourne Victory on Wednesday night, and to stay at the Premier League club. The MCG has sold out for the friendly, with more than 95,000 expected to turn up for the game.

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Did you?.....23 years ago?... that's very relevant..... I bet you went to the Valley too, when they used to get 60000........!
Sadly not.Ive never been to The Valley in fact.
My point is quite relevant though.
Brighton were a Div 3 side (as are Crawley),playing an unfashionable division two side(as Millwall are now and Watford were then).
If you want to take the point of relevance even further,you could argue that the attendance at the Goldstone was particularly bad as Brighton were a long established football league side.

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
Feel sorry for them really regarding their crowds. They have got a fair size catchment area, Crawley/Horsham must be 130k, saying that I don't know what transport is like to The Broadfield from surrounding areas. Maybe it's something they ought to look at.

The Crawley catchment area is about 250,000.

Crawley 107,000
horham 55,000
Redhill 25,000
Horley 20,000
east grinstead 20,000
Reigate 20,000

This doesn't include the Mid Sussex towns and villages.
Still,its totally meaningless if they dont give the football club a second thought.

I think Crawleys crowds will increase again this season though,we should average the 4,000 mark.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Crawley is full of football fans, but nearly all with allegiances to longer established league sides. If they maintain their League 1 status or even manage a spell in the Championship it will grow. Ticket prices are a bit steep, as they were for us at Withdean, considering the division and the facilities though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here