Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Council house help...

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Not sure if this helps but you can pursue it through written correspondence using the councils complaints procedure. The 1st stage is officer. 2nd is management. 3rd is ombudsman. Good luck fella.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not sure if this helps but you can pursue it through written correspondence using the councils complaints procedure. The 1st stage is officer. 2nd is management. 3rd is ombudsman. Good luck fella.

Good luck with that and hope you are prepared to be royally f**ked about , even when it gets to the Ombudsman stage they are short of resources so let things go

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Blaming immigrants for the waiting list when there's a shortage of housing is also pretty disgusting.
No its not disgusting at all. Are you saying that its not a contributory factor whatsoever? In fact, don't respond as it is going right OT.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Good luck with that and hope you are prepared to be royally f**ked about , even when it gets to the Ombudsman stage they are short of resources so let things go
Well it is another avenue the fella can explore.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
333,000 net immigrants this year to uk.....must have contributed to the shortage.

Marriage breakups with one person taking up a house, or dysfunctional families.
Five or six people in one house was normal up to the Sixties.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I hope it all goes well mate. Not read the whole thread so apologies if repeated information but saw people saying about going up the food chain in terms of management. I agree with that 100% and find the quickest way is to go direct.

The heads of all councils are listed on this link. I have never had any problems after going direct to the top and always get a personal response back. That's up in reading so I hope it's the same down south

http://www.ceoemail.com/uk-councils.php

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You maybe right. What about bringing it to the attention of the local press to get some possible media coverage?

He could start with the local magazine called the Harbinger. Their is a young local reporter who may want to highlight your issue to the community. It's free publicity and may garner local support. Start a petition.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
About a month and a half ago we received a phone call out of the blue from the council informing us that the landlord wants his property back (Even though we signed a 25 year lease on this current property) and we are to seek alternative housing via the Homemove website and to get down to Bartholomew Square council office ASAP.
One thing no one seems to have picked up on, is why if you have signed a 25 year lease, does the landlord have the right to take the property back at short notice?

The Chief Executive of Brighton and Hove City Council is Geoff Raw. By profession, he is a town planner, but he has previous experience in housing, having been Head of Housing at the City Council and, before that, Assistant Director of Investment at the Housing Corporation and National Housing Investment Programme Manager at HM Treasury.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
333,000 net immigrants this year to uk.....must have contributed to the shortage.

This isn't really the thread for this. Try the EU one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I want to also add my best wishes to you. Sorry I can't help in anyway. But keep at it. Positive Tubthumper vibes.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

What if you've lived in Brighton all your life and then have a child and can't afford to rent anymore. Then move to shoreham to try and avoid the ridiculous rental fees and then can't afford shoreham anymore so move to lancing to yet again get ****ed over by the rental marked so move even further west to Worthing. Not a council house in sight but doubt were entitled to one. Sick to death of life for people who work their bollocks off and get screwed no matter how hard they try. Some people have no idea how fortunate they are (op excluded obviously)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What if you've lived in Brighton all your life and then have a child and can't afford to rent anymore. Then move to shoreham to try and avoid the ridiculous rental fees and then can't afford shoreham anymore so move to lancing to yet again get ****ed over by the rental marked so move even further west to Worthing. Not a council house in sight but doubt were entitled to one. Sick to death of life for people who work their bollocks off and get screwed no matter how hard they try. Some people have no idea how fortunate they are (op excluded obviously)

That's not the point of my post. There are too many properties which are single occupancy now which causes a housing shortage. In the fifties and sixties there were less houses than there are now proportionally to the population.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here