Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Council house help...

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
EXACTLY! This is why it's killing us mate. The council are really doing us in here and we can't do anything about it. Even with help from MP's etc.

My wife and I feel dreadful. I'm off work with stress. It's just a mess and I'm tired of fighting it all now.

All you can do now is go though the online complaints procedure, I would moan that you are being Penalized compared to others in the same Category at that time etc.
Don't waste your time phoning anyone always put it in writing or email. the only thing I would say the council could have made you wait till the very last day of your notice to quit not knowing where you are going to end up with, and least in 12 months you can go on the exchange list. like others have said good luck to you and your family.

southcoaster77

May 28, 2016
The council are pretty sneaky when they think a person doesnt knows their rights ,I'm not sure about your case as I don't know the facts ,but what sort of tenancy do you hold (secure etc)?You certainly cant be evicted without a court notice ,I take it your not behind with your rent etc?

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
The council are pretty sneaky when they think a person doesnt knows their rights ,I'm not sure about your case as I don't know the facts ,but what sort of tenancy do you hold (secure etc)?You certainly cant be evicted without a court notice ,I take it your not behind with your rent etc?

Hi there. Never been behind on my rent since 1997. Like I have said on here, if anything my family and I are model tenants.

When we got our current property it was through a scheme with the council, where the council acquired a property with a private landlord and then rented it out to us. We signed a 25 year lease on it and the council have said they DO have a duty of care to re house my family and I in suitable accommodation, which we really don't think the offer in Brighton is but they are adamant it is. That's about all I know.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Landlord wants the place back off the council mate. That's it. Nothing I can do about it other than get talked to like absolute crap from the council and be slung into a house in the back of Brighton without being allowed to decline the first and final offer they've offered or else I'll be struck off the council list.
Well, that's what I don't understand. The landlord can want whatever he wants, but if he has signed a 25 year lease, then the surely the landlord can't have what he wants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here