[Albion] Coronation Day. King or Albion?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion or King

• Albion of course

Votes: 220 94.0%
  • Big day in our history so King for me

Votes: 14 6.0%

• Total voters

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Up until now my experience has been a monarchy and looking abroad to countries with so called democracies. They appear to have so many issues with fraud and abuse of power than created by monarchs. Charles hasn’t always been my cup of tea but I am warming to him more than any of our current crop of witless politicians who may be candidates for presidency.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Up until now my experience has been a monarchy and looking abroad to countries with so called democracies. They appear to have so many issues with fraud and abuse of power than created by monarchs. Charles hasn’t always been my cup of tea but I am warming to him more than any of our current crop of witless politicians who may be candidates for presidency.
Thankfully we haven't experienced any fraud or abuse of power in our democracy....

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Thankfully we haven't experienced any fraud or abuse of power in our democracy....

Now wait one minute..............................
......?...................,................?......................................................................... 45 more seconds...............?............................................................................. 30 seconds.................................................................................................. 15 more seconds,.................?........................................ now you can go back to your regular scheduled berating of the poster. It's always good to take a minute.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Wages are not declining because of the Royal Family. The Royal Family brings more wealth to the country that it could ever cost. Mobutu and Marcos are hardly good comparisons. As for land thank goodness Royalty (ie the nation) owns vast amounts of land - can you imagine it falling into the hands of developers? Be careful what you wish for - comrade.
I'm not sure of this bringing more money toss. France has no monarchy and makes far more from tourism. When I hear people bleating on about the cost of strikes, what about the cost of a public holiday every time we gift one of these pantomime characters another special day. They not only leech off the public purse, but the income they make from the land they stole in the past is astronomical. The upkeep of these parasites and their many places of residence brings shame on a country that suffers from homelessness and scapegoating of people on benefits. The very institution is an embarrassment that cavorts about in fictional pageantry all made up in the 19th century. I'm not bothered whether Charles is a nice bloke or not, he's superfluous to a modern nation.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Whatever you do, don't stand out in the street with a blank piece of paper in your hand.

This reminds me of my high school days. Of course when you do the most ignorant things in your school you expect to be treated that way.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
From Private Eye
1682600372383.png

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Presidents live in very large properties, have to have paid security and would cost a fortune without the benefit of an income from the Crown Estates.

Yes, I am a royalist, and dislike the current situation since the late Queen died. I do not like Camilla or what she has done to the family, so that should satisfy those who call me a lickspittle!! :lolol:

I spent two nights in London last June as part of the RBL contingent outside Buck House for the Trooping of the Colour. Not only did we pay for two nights in a hotel, but spent money in restaurants, on the Tube and train, so it all adds to the economy.
Walking through London, there were loads and loads of tourists, taking photos of anything that moved.
Whoa who put Lord Frost in charge of the negotiations? Abolishing the monarchy doesn't mean the German Windsors get to keep Crown Estates

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
how much inheritance tax did Charlie pay when he got his hands on mummys fortune?
Guv'nor, we was all so terribly sad when our glorious queen died there's no way we'd dare to question the inheritance of our glorious king, we're ever so 'umble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports