Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronation Day. King or Albion?

Albion or King

• Albion of course

Votes: 220 94.0%
  • Big day in our history so King for me

Votes: 14 6.0%

• Total voters

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It’s because our national hobby is self loathing, you’re not British if you don’t pick and pull everything to pieces that’s good about this country. Patriotism was banned in the 90s anyway. Unlike every other country in the world it’s deemed racist. Rule Britannia (waits to be arrested!) :)
You can be patriotic without bowing before a pensioner who popped out of a magic vagina.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
great for employees, not great so for employers. business owners having to pay another days worth of salaries for nothing in return.
Yeap 3rd royal BH in 12 months, getting silly. An economy is stagnation, really don't know why we didn't just shift Monday to the following Monday.

Another day out of school for the kids too we could do without

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Please PBOBE, in the name of Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, no flags on seats at the Amex to mark the Coronation. A simple respectful chicken-based Guest Pie will be quite sufficient

THIS.

On a related note, does anyone have other examples of what companies are doing to mark the occasion?
I have a friend whose employer (a law firm) is putting on a coronation-related menu in the canteen and making it free to all staff all day (a nice little perk even if you couldn't give a fukk about Charlie).
Someone else I know (working for an IT Services Company) is being issued with a coronation BADGE :lolol: complete with company logo :lolol:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have no feelings for Charlie and even less for Camilla but , since it is a pageantry event , once in a lifetime, I will keep an eye on the telly. I like the horses and colour. I am also intrigued by the weirdness of the ceremony supposed “holy rituals “
I am still surprised that football is going on that day including Spurs at home . I wouldn’t fancy crossing London to get there. I am sure we all know know that we play on the Monday.
NB. Camilla ? It should have been Diana if he had treated her right !

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have no feelings for Charlie and even less for Camilla but , since it is a pageantry event , once in a lifetime, I will keep an eye on the telly. I like the horses and colour. I am also intrigued by the weirdness of the ceremony supposed “holy rituals “
I am still surprised that football is going on that day including Spurs at home . I wouldn’t fancy crossing London to get there. I am sure we all know know that we play on the Monday.
I wouldn’t have wished it on the girl.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Royal Family brings more wealth to the country that it could ever cost.

I'm afraid that's at worst a myth or at best a modern cliché for which there is zero evidence. It's a statement that gets churned out time and time again without any evidence to back it up. Believers often cite reports that aren't proper economic analysis and always using visits to Royal Palaces as evidence.

The reality is that Versailles gets more visits per year than our various Royal destinations combined.

If you believe in an unelected Head of State (and all the comes with it) you are really scraping the barrel using an tourism argument that you can't prove anyway.

The reason the Royal Family aren't going anywhere is the cost (and lack of agreement) of having to completely re-wire the way in which this country chooses to govern itself.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
About as classy as a massively expensive parade for a man getting a new hat during a cost of living crisis I'd say.
Price of everything, value of nothing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm afraid that's at worst a myth or at best a modern cliché for which there is zero evidence. It's a statement that gets churned out time and time again without any evidence to back it up. Believers often cite reports that aren't proper economic analysis and always using visits to Royal Palaces as evidence.

The reality is that Versailles gets more visits per year than our various Royal destinations combined.

If you believe in an unelected Head of State (and all the comes with it) you are really scraping the barrel using an tourism argument that you can't prove anyway.

The reason the Royal Family aren't going anywhere is the cost (and lack of agreement) of having to completely re-wire the way in which this country chooses to govern itself.
That’s often trotted out, but the reality of comparisons between visiting palaces is a very small part of the economy.
For instance, as a veteran I was fortunate enough to receive an invite to watch the Trooping of the Colour, last June, seated outside Buckingham Palace.
As we had to be in Green Park, for security checks by 08.30, we decided to stay over in St James Premier Inn Hub. We also stayed on the Thursday night, eating out in London. It all adds to the economy. There were thousands of overseas visitors just for that one event, lining the Mall.

The figures, just for that weekend.
The economy was estimated to have had a £6.37billion boost from jubilee spending and tourism, with over one fifth of the British population planning to attend street parties, thousands of tourists travelling to the UK for the event and retailers selling out of jubilee themed decorations, clothes and food.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please PBOBE, in the name of Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, no flags on seats at the Amex to mark the Coronation. A simple respectful chicken-based Guest Pie will be quite sufficient
Coronation Chicken, of course.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Miserablist bastards all over the shop on here, predictably.

I for one feel a sense of pride in the continuation of our ancient rites and traditions. We are an OLDE country, Albion is our name from Roman times referring to the white cliffs of Dover. The Three Lions Rampant on our Royal coat of arms dates back to 1154, and adorns our JB Sports shirts to this day.

This is me. This is you. This is ENGLAND.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I am overnighting on the mall as I did for queen's platinum jubilee, a shingle has been at every coronation since Henry II in 1154 and I've no intention of letting the side down.

Plus I'm a photographer so will be photographing a rare event. Expect pics to be posted on here a short time after. :cool:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love it when the horses poo on the Mall and the procession has to walk through it without flinching. A jolly English moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here