Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coronation Day. King or Albion?

Albion or King

• Albion of course

Votes: 220 94.0%
  • Big day in our history so King for me

Votes: 14 6.0%

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I genuinely couldn’t think of anything more tedious than another royal shindig. Even the lineup for the concert afterward looks like my blind Nana picked them out of a copy of Heat magazine from 2004.

Waste of time and money. They’re a disgraceful bunch of greedy pigs with extremely questionable financial arrangements, attention seeking wreck-heads, and mates with dead sex-traffickers.

Plough them into a dit…. ohno, that’s the other lot, isn’t it.

Uhm, take all their (our) money, property, and land back off them and give them all jobs at B&Q.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
I genuinely couldn’t think of anything more tedious than another royal shindig. Even the lineup for the concert afterward looks like my blind Nana picked them out of a copy of Heat magazine from 2004.

Waste of time and money. They’re a disgraceful bunch of greedy pigs with extremely questionable financial arrangements, attention seeking wreck-heads, and mates with dead sex-traffickers.

Plough them into a dit…. ohno, that’s the other lot, isn’t it.

Uhm, take all their (our) money, property, and land back off them and give them all jobs at B&Q.

That's a bit harsh Clampo. As an Australian monarchist and sometimes finding myself in a sea of brainless republicans, the way I see it if it ain't broke don't fix it! If we jetisson the monarchy downunder we're likely to appoint some idiot sportsman or perhaps an ageing bit part actor from "Neighbours" as our Head of State.

Albion (and King) forever!

By all means go to the match but on that one-off day Union Jacks and King Charles flags should dominate.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It seems you know about patriotism but nothing about respect.
The Queen had been an ever present in my life, like all of us. I was saddened when she passed and was moved by the outpouring of grief. To my own surprise I cried. What she did for the country and how she carried herself through her long reign was beyond impressive.

Perhaps my phrasing was clumsy. But I will not be told I know nothing of respect. I like you as a poster TB but you know nothing about me so don't come at me like that.

Best if I leave this thread now.

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
I will spend the day watching village cricket in Chiddingly (weather permitting), with a visit or two to the Six Bells thrown in.
My wife will be glued to the TV as she is a fan of all the pomp and pageantry.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Private Godfrey mode on -

I'm quite partial to one of my Aunt Dolly's Coronation Chicken sandwiches.

-Private Godfrey mode off.
Point of order - Coronation ChicKen wasn’t developed until 1953, so private Godfrey would not have known about it during the war.

anyway, to steal the idea from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”, I didn’t vote for him. And to steal a different idea from Father Ted: “Down with this sort of thing!”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Queen had been an ever present in my life, like all of us. I was saddened when she passed and was moved by the outpouring of grief. To my own surprise I cried. What she did for the country and how she carried herself through her long reign was beyond impressive.

Perhaps my phrasing was clumsy. But I will not be told I know nothing of respect. I like you as a poster TB but you know nothing about me so don't come at me like that.

Best if I leave this thread now.
You used a woman’s body part for an insult. I wasn’t even talking about royalty.
At least I can be grateful you didn’t swear, I suppose.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I'm not sure I really understand the question - what is it we are supposed to do for the king today, watch telly all day?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can’t sleep.
Devices don’t help, TB. All phones, tablets off 60-90 minutes before bed and if you wake in the night have a (preferably very boring) book to hand rather than being tempted to check phone/go online.

This free advice comes from NSC’s current chronic insomniac. Good luck, we’re all with you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That's a bit harsh Clampo. As an Australian monarchist and sometimes finding myself in a sea of brainless republicans, the way I see it if it ain't broke don't fix it! If we jetisson the monarchy downunder we're likely to appoint some idiot sportsman or perhaps an ageing bit part actor from "Neighbours" as our Head of State.

Albion (and King) forever!

By all means go to the match but on that one-off day Union Jacks and King Charles flags should dominate.
Oh, they’d still be our royal family. They’d just be poor and work at B&Q.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Point of order - Coronation ChicKen wasn’t developed until 1953, so private Godfrey would not have known about it during the war.

anyway, to steal the idea from “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”, I didn’t vote for him. And to steal a different idea from Father Ted: “Down with this sort of thing!”
Also Dolly was his sister, not his aunt - writes a pedant.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

The reason the Royal Family aren't going anywhere is the cost (and lack of agreement) of having to completely re-wire the way in which this country chooses to govern itself.
it's an act of parliament, just change it in one vote, chose how to select the head of state and done. obstacle to that is majority of people dont mind or dont care.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ll watch the actual bit where they do the crowning because it’s actual history, all the sundry guff around it though can get in the bin

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Devices don’t help, TB. All phones, tablets off 60-90 minutes before bed and if you wake in the night have a (preferably very boring) book to hand rather than being tempted to check phone/go online.

This free advice comes from NSC’s current chronic insomniac. Good luck, we’re all with you.
I was reading. Unfortunately I got to a bit in the story, where I needed to know what was going to happen next, so instead of feeling drowsy, I was very curious.
I don’t often have sleep problems, so not really a problem, but thanks for the advice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ll watch the actual bit where they do the crowning because it’s actual history, all the sundry guff around it though can get in the bin
I like history, but I also like the pageantry and military aspect of it.
I’ll go in the kitchen to make coffee when the consort gets ‘done’.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
In America a great many will be bowing before the King-Wanna-Be, Donald Trump, and declaring their hatred of anything foreign and "Un-Uhmerakin." including that sport they call soccer. While their grandkids play soccer every Saturday, not keeping score, and Donald fleeces them for their money and protects their 2nd amendment rights by speaking at their guns rights rallies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here