Reading
It this chap is one of yours, we can all play this game mate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 383

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Fair enough. That probably sounded ruder than I had meant it... merely tongue in cheek.

Do you not feel the marketing team should take a little more care when releasing material to mass market? BT's advert was dismal..

It's a tricky one mate as a football demographic is wider than pretty much anything else.

It's meant to be fun but saying 'cool' is asking for trouble!

What constitutes cool is obviously very subjective!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This, absolutely this. Their wages can be saved for FFP.

Its almost as if we HAVE to give something for Palace fans to laugh at, they now cant take the piss out of us for "Poogate", so we make this for them instead. Its genuinely as s**t as their coach driver.

Remember though, it is NOTHING to do with Paul Barber. All right?

Jan 30, 2008
The chap wearing the scarf (WITHOUT THE BEARD) needs to get a grip , thought he was cool in Germany and that's about it:nono:
regards
DR

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There is when it isnt exactly doing the purpose which is clearly to try and get people to go to games - this makes people want to go into hiding, especially if they work with Palace fans.

I also assume its job isnt to be roundly slated by the fans from the club that actually made it, yet amuse the fans of that clubs main rivals. Yes, there is such a thing as bad publicity - this is it. Would love to know A) Who signed this off as a "good idea" B) Why the hell would those people agree to being in it ?

(Should add that if it was a bunch of "All Tits No Talent" Palace style cheerleaders then it would probably be fine).

What it does , is give people like you another reason to moan, getting a bit ahead of yourself in the is it or is it not successful in getting more tickets sold. What it is doing is getting people talking and the likes of Robbie Savage and Jake whatever his last name is, retweeting it, that means it's getting to a wider audience. Its marketing, like I said all the fantastic marketing in the world will not sell out the stadium if we get relegated this season. Big games attract the punters and we will all see that on Sunday. It's a tongue in cheek ad, laugh at it for what it is.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Excellent. So now an even wider audience can see the freak-element of our support

Think some of those "freaks" (your words not mine) post on here.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
What it does , is give people like you another reason to moan, getting a bit ahead of yourself in the is it or is it not successful in getting more tickets sold. What it is doing is getting people talking and the likes of Robbie Savage and Jake whatever his last name is, retweeting it, that means it's getting to a wider audience. Its marketing, like I said all the fantastic marketing in the world will not sell out the stadium if we get relegated this season. Big games attract the punters and we will all see that on Sunday. It's a tongue in cheek ad, laugh at it for what it is.

No. It's unbelievably cringe-worthy and embarrassing. How could it possibly be a good thing? All it does is make the club look tinpot.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The first mistake is assuming that people have seen a 10 second advert on BT Sport. .

BT Sport has 3m+ subscribers and they are in tens of thousands of pubs etc.

God i've never seen such a lot of unwarranted fuss for something that cost nothing, they hardly had to hire the venue did they ??, and is meant to be tongue in cheek. What a miserable bunch.

Especially as the fans involved are , afaik, nearly all NSC regulars and clearly don't mind taking the fun out of themselves, presumably for free/in their own time. And all credit to them for doing so.

We're hosting BT Sport on Sunday afternoon which is the obvious, if not smart, reason we've done this and its a fairly mild dig at Robbie Savage, Michael Owen who 've responded by taking it in the spirit intended and sharing it online today.

Talks of sacking the "marketing kids" and personal attacks at those in the film is embarrassing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
BT Sport has 3m+ subscribers and they are in tens of thousands of pubs etc.

God i've never seen such a lot of unwarranted fuss for something that cost nothing, they hardly had to hire the venue did they ??, and is meant to be tongue in cheek. What a miserable bunch.

Especially as the fans involved are , afaik, nearly all NSC regulars and clearly don't mind taking the fun out of themselves, presumably for free/in their own time. And all credit to them for doing so.

We're hosting BT Sport on Sunday afternoon which is the obvious, if not smart, reason we've done this and its a fairly mild dig at Robbie Savage, Michael Owen who 've responded by taking it in the spirit intended and sharing it online today.

Talks of sacking the "marketing kids" and personal attacks at those in the film is embarrassing.

Enough said. 100% spot on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here