Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Cool fans'

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
BT Sport has 3m+ subscribers and they are in tens of thousands of pubs etc.

God i've never seen such a lot of unwarranted fuss for something that cost nothing, they hardly had to hire the venue did they ??, and is meant to be tongue in cheek. What a miserable bunch.

Especially as the fans involved are , afaik, nearly all NSC regulars and clearly don't mind taking the fun out of themselves, presumably for free/in their own time. And all credit to them for doing so.

We're hosting BT Sport on Sunday afternoon which is the obvious, if not smart, reason we've done this and its a fairly mild dig at Robbie Savage, Michael Owen who 've responded by taking it in the spirit intended and sharing it online today.

Talks of sacking the "marketing kids" and personal attacks at those in the film is embarrassing.

Agreed, how many things have we learned from this?

Jan 21, 2015
Selhurst
Oh Wow....how much did it cost....no, really?
I was hoping my first post on here would be some deeply sarcastic but ultimately true comment on the Seagulls and their pretensions but now I just feel SO sorry for you guys that I'm going to go and wind-up some Millwall supporters instead.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

God i've never seen such a lot of unwarranted fuss for something that cost nothing, they hardly had to hire the venue did they ??, and is meant to be tongue in cheek. What a miserable bunch.

Especially as the fans involved are , afaik, nearly all NSC regulars and clearly don't mind taking the fun out of themselves, presumably for free/in their own time. And all credit to them for doing so.

We're hosting BT Sport on Sunday afternoon which is the obvious, if not smart, reason we've done this and its a fairly mild dig at Robbie Savage, Michael Owen who 've responded by taking it in the spirit intended and sharing it online today.

Talks of sacking the "marketing kids" and personal attacks at those in the film is embarrassing.

Good post and I agree with much of it but still feel that the club don't understand or care about the negative impact that it can have on the fanbase, it's just seen as a marketing opportunity and all publicity is good publicity, which saddens me.

I'm intrigued to see where you draw the line - what was your view on the clackers? Did you feel it was a good idea to raise the atmosphere and recognise it as an event OR or an utter embarrassment for any football match let alone one so important, that it devalued the occasion, shouted from the roof tops that this is a club that doesn't understand its support/customer base and is only interested in getting new/non-football fans to watch the football?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I've seen it and I don't believe it :facepalm:
Thank you :lolol:

That's the thing though isn't it? It's about appealing to armchair football fans who subscribe to BT sport to watch the top flight matches and never go to actually watch 'their team'. That's why it's got such a lot of interest from Palace fans like you.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It seems the video is a response to something, almost like an in house joke. It clearly doesn't take itself seriously. Unlike a few who have responded here.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

I agree with you entirely. Which is why I said....

People calling for people to be FIRED need to lighten up. This can't have taken more than an hour to film and edit. It's crap I grant you. But it's really nothing we need to be worried about.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Parody or not, cool or not, whatever people think... or not - the people in the video are clearly typical of those who the club shop order the Albion branded (non-playing/training) clothing for, i.e. those for whom a trip to Millets is a classy day out.

Tough to find anything in the team shop that counts as 'cool', but then I guess this is the world of pies, unwashed hands and piss dribbling into your socks after all. :wrong:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Knowing most of them on that video personally I have to say what were they thinking? SERIOUSLY.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• 20141101-174218-5769_420x315_w.jpg
    20141101-174218-5769_420x315_w.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 243

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's so bad, it almost is cool. In a post-ironic way of course, how much, more Brighton can you get?

Given that I too am friends with some of the participants I haven't stopped laughing since I first saw it. The video has given me years worth of p*ss-taking material, all of which has been accepted with remarkably good grace by those involved. Fair play to them and their much needed sense of humour.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's so bad, it almost is cool. In a post-ironic way of course, how much, more Brighton can you get?

Given that I too am friends with some of the participants I haven't stopped laughing since I first saw it. The video has given me years worth of p*ss-taking material, all of which has been accepted with remarkably good grace by those involved. Fair play to them and their much needed sense of humour.

Indeed, their walk of shame becomes ammunition as and when required.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
What the bloody f*ck was that all about? :lolol:

Unbelievable over-reaction though, get a grip.

Yeah, there's a lot of hate on here.

If this guy passes his GCSE Media Studies with this video then it's all good, really.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I personally can't wait to see JAMIE on Sunday. At least 15 minutes of BANTZ just out of this thread. That said, grown men wetting themselves because Palace may laugh at a 24 second parody trailer is even sadder.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Just got round to watching it. It's about 10 seconds long and nothing happens. Really can't understand why people are pissing their knickers about it. That said, as I'm sure all that are in it would agree, the use of the word cool is a bit w@nky, but maybe it's in the BT sport ad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here