[Politics] Conservative MP Sir David Amess murdered

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair comment but I had only just got in from work and posted as soon as I saw what he had posted bearing in mind that the man was obviously fighting for his life. Fair point though.

Fair enough. Apologies.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ridiculous. We need to be looking at the perpetrator, and not blaming the victim or his political affinity for the reason behind this attack.

To me, your standpoint is no different to those that say some women are to blame for getting attacked if they dress or behave in certain way.

We seem to be entirely on the same page.....

Ridiculous. We need to be looking at the perpetrator, and not blaming the victim or his political affinity for the reason behind this attack.

To me, your standpoint is no different to those that say some women are to blame for getting attacked if they dress or behave in certain way.

My standpoint is no different to that. I’m not condoning either though and never have. I haven’t said he deserved it, or blamed him for it happening, or anything of the sort because of course he didn’t deserve to be attacked let alone killed. He was doing his job. Do not take my views that his role in public life may have led to this as being in any way that I’m pleased about it. I’m not. It’s a sad thing that’s happened.

Unfortunately some people will always take their dislike for the way another conducts their business to extremes that have no place in society.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree, but I think the virtue signaling has gone on enough now. Almost half this thread is reminder after reminder that HT wrote something inappropriate. We don't all need to keep repeating the same criticism, and copying and requoting his original comments (which, unlike the original comments, cannot be edited). As [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] perhaps anticipated, this thread is reducing to a HT lynch mob. Enough, now. Please.

I am definitely with you about let's not all lynch one poster that may have mistakenly posted something wrong.
Lynching has been allowed to be common place on NSC for sometime, I should know.......have you ever had it in for someone by chance?

All I can say is why the hell has this thread not been locked yet.:nono::nono:

You don't know what your doing.......:wrong:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Today's tragic events should have united us. Instead, they seem to have polarised us further.

Based on what I have heard on the radio, I would say that there has been a universal coming together from all sides of the political spectrum, condemning the murder and offering sympathies to his wife and his 5 kids who woke up this morning as normal but suddenly find themselves without their husband and dad this evening.

Of course there were a couple of (what I consider to be) ill-judged and crass comments on here as soon as the news broke that he'd been stabbed - but then there always is when stuff like this happens. But I expect the posts have generated the reaction that was intended and we all have to be judged by our comments if we choose to share them on a public forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports