Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Conservative MP Sir David Amess murdered

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't have anything good to say about his politics.

I don't know what he was like as a human being.

But his death is clearly a tragedy. It is a murder of a person doing their job. A murder of an MP could even be seen as an attack on democracy.

Thoughts are with his family & friends.

Lifelong campaigner on wildlife matters, animal welfare, anti-bloodsports, ecosystems and the environment.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All the right wingers in here screaming for a policeman because someone is questioning the record of a man who just died...

Who are the woke-ists now? Cancel culture e.t.c. e.t.c. :tantrum:

What an odd post.

Most of us are just saying don’t use this as an opportunity to bash a Tory. A man has just been murdered whilst serving his consistency, as it’s elected MP. Just show respect and send condolences, or keep quiet. There are plenty of other places to air your politics.

D

Deleted member 22389

All the right wingers in here screaming for a policeman because someone is questioning the record of a man who just died...

Who are the woke-ists now? Cancel culture e.t.c. e.t.c. :tantrum:

Really? I'm really shocked about what's happened today. I can't even imagine what his partner, children must be going through right now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I strongly disagree with You. Of course he was doing his best for his constituents, that's why he was doing a Surgery.

And they had voted him in, not You over in Surrey but his constituents in Essex.

And they would have voted him out if they weren't happy with him.

But he got stabbed out of Office instead.
Yes, it is shocking and awful that this happened - absolutely no-one here disagrees with that. But I'm sorry, as far as I'm concerned HT is well within his rights to take issue with the opinion he was doing his best for his constituents for the reasons he outlined. I'm not even sure I agree with him, but to tar and feather the bloke for doing so is poor.

'woke' and 'cancel culture' FFS - **** me there are some dreadful people posting on NSC...
You think I'm dreadful because I used the terms 'woke' and 'cancel culture'? That is absolutely laughable. I didn't have you down as one of those types, frankly. It is just more imaginary card waving crap.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What an odd post.

Most of us are just saying don’t use this as an opportunity to bash a Tory. A man has just been murdered whilst serving his consistency, as it’s elected MP. Just show respect and send condolences, or keep quiet. There are plenty of other places to air your politics.
I'd call it far worse than 'odd' personally, but that's all I'm saying today.

RIP and condolences.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I strongly disagree with You. Of course he was doing his best for his constituents, that's why he was doing a Surgery.

And they had voted him in, not You over in Surrey but his constituents in Essex.

And they would have voted him out if they weren't happy with him.

But he got stabbed out of Office instead.

'woke' and 'cancel culture' FFS - **** me there are some dreadful people posting on NSC...

100% genuinely, I feel exactly the same as when Jo Cox was murdered ... so sad, what a waste, a grey day for humanity.

It's a human story, his family come first, as did Jo Cox's.

Politics, party politics, shirley comes bottom of the pile today. An amazing tearful tribute to David from ex-Labour MP Paula Sherriff on LBC this afternoon, worth finding it. She explained that on a Parliamentary trip to the Middle East she'd initially thought "Oh, he's from the other side", then she grew to love the guy, he was a huge support to he in her battle against breast cancer. You don't often get to here about the positive stuff amongst our lawmakers.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A man has been stabbed and killed on the streets, a family man, with 5 children and a loving wife.

Words can not describe the pain/horrific feelings they are currently going through right now.

A man who was only doing his job, who had been democratically elected by the people.

This and along with the killing of Jo Cox, to me feels like a stain and an attack on democracy.

Shame on those who were involved.

Rest in Peace, David Amess.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thankfully 29 people thumbed this before I did.

The hate and intolerance shown by some has been far too rabid for far too long.

This you yesterday?

Well said :clap: Calling him a dinosaur is underrating the cock. He is manipulative, untrustworthy and and happy to sacrifice his members popularity to further his own ends. I cannot imagine that he is not a Momentum activist too. Utter twunt, IMO.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Consistently voting against LGBT rights, measures to address child poverty, measures to help disabled and vulnerable people, woman’s rights etc doesn’t strike me as someone representing all of his constituency?

Hopefully already said on here, but I will repeat it, ‘Turn it in please’.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A man has been stabbed and killed on the streets, a family man, with 5 children and a loving wife.

Words can not describe the pain/horrific feelings they are currently going through right now.

A man who was only doing his job, who had been democratically elected by the people.

This and along with the killing of Jo Cox, to me feels like a stain and an attack on democracy.

Shame on those who were involved.

Rest in Peace, David Amess.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It's not a stain on democracy, it's not 'shame on those involved' because once again it will be someone with severe mental health issues.

I'm afraid it is wrong and disrespectful to quote an MP's views and voting record when he has just been murdered, as if that has anything at all to do with it.

I usually get along with Herr T, but this is definitely a time to withdraw that comment.

That’s the thing though. His views and voting record likely did have something to do with it. Why pretend otherwise?

Yes it’s very sad that someone has been killed while doing their job, and no one should have to be in fear like that while going about their day. But adding context to the conversation is in no way worthy of the criticism that has followed since.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That’s the thing though. His views and voting record likely did have something to do with it. Why pretend otherwise?

Yes it’s very sad that someone has been killed while doing their job, and no one should have to be in fear like that while going about their day. But adding context to the conversation is in no way worthy of the criticism that has followed since.

Absolutely this.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Your ill timed opinion, sums up the pathetic discourse amongst many people, too immature to tone it down.

At this time let's simply wish that the guy lives and think of his family.

This, although the division within this country has been partly driven by our paymasters it goes deeper and many appear to have no respect for a differing opinion.

You only need to spend 10 minutes on Twitter or Facebook to see the sort of bile spewed, that could lead a deranged person to take things to an extreme.

You even see this division on these boards at times, with bullying and ridicule all too common.

A sad, sad day for democracy in this country and sadly another step towards making our elected MP's unavailable and unanswerable.

RIP

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
It's not a stain on democracy, it's not 'shame on those involved' because once again it will be someone with severe mental health issues.

I fear the over used sound bit “Tory scum” may be a part of this.

I am prepared to be proven wrong. Anyone with a connection to the Conservative party seems to be thus labelled.

It’s just a horror show on a human level.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes, it is shocking and awful that this happened - absolutely no-one here disagrees with that. But I'm sorry, as far as I'm concerned HT is well within his rights to take issue with the opinion he was doing his best for his constituents for the reasons he outlined. I'm not even sure I agree with him, but to tar and feather the bloke for doing so is poor.

You think I'm dreadful because I used the terms 'woke' and 'cancel culture'? That is absolutely laughable. I didn't have you down as one of those types, frankly. It is just more imaginary card waving crap.

MP’s do represent all of their constituents though, on more than one occasion my MP has helped me, I didn’t vote for him, Lucas has helped my mother, she didn’t vote for her.

I’m sure your aware that MP’s don’t just represent those who share their views.

Someone has already demonstrated how he helped his aunt with social housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

“likely”

You’re completely guessing.

It wasn’t part of an intelligent discussion, it was a couple of left wing posters who couldn’t wait to put the boot into someone they had a very limited/blinkered view on. With a couple of like minded people, no surprise whatsoever, defending their political chums.

Be honest, you know that’s how it works on social media including nsc, a load of people live, eat and drink a class war in their minds.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here