Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on...Who has upset the MASSIVE?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really can't understand the bad feeling towards Wednesday .
They really are the proverbial sleeping giant, and should be in the top tier.
You had 4 cracks at them last season, and didn't beat them once, so maybe it comes from that ?
Fancy them to do well next season.

This has nothing to do with you.

However, I'm not sure many people have any bad feeling of any note towards Wednesday. They weren't to blame for Mike Dean's ****-uppery at Boro that deprived us of one of our best players for the play-offs. They weren't to blame for that freakish sequence of injuries at Hillsborough. They were only partially to blame for us not converting our second leg dominance into goals. But that was their job and they did it well. That's football.

They shouldn't be in the top tier as they haven't performed well enough to earn that right - the same as us. Should Leeds be their too? Forest maybe? Should Newcastle and Villa get some sort relegation "get out of jail" card because they're big clubs or something?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If you've got an open mind it's quite an entertaining read. I always find threads like that interesting as it gives you a glimpse into how (some) fans of other clubs view us, and more often than not have absolutely no idea what is happening at our club. My favourite picks from that thread are that we need a mini rebuild because we've lost Wilson, Zamora, Calderon, Sidwell and Greer :shrug: and the other is that Knockaert won't come back here, I don't think they realise he's a Brighton player and not on loan :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are just tossers though, thinking they can just walk in and sign any of our players that they want. Particularly Knockaert who has 3 years left on his conteact.

Utter, utter tossers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What I take from a quick look is that our grammar police and the associated spelling and punctuation divisions have done their work well, whereas much remains to be done in South Yorkshire.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What was the name of that Orient dj and forum contributor who tried to build up hatred against the Albion in the late 1990s? His mentality seems to have a lot of followers now.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This is not pie in the sky or some bloke told me down the pub stuff , but those that were there,and old enough still cant let the 83 FA cup semi final go , simple as that , 33 years of pain , funny as fook .
markiplier___let_it_go_by_steffieneko-d7zbo6o.gif

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To be fair NSC has looked seriously bitter regarding Wednesday and Boro. I can understand the piss taking.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Like I have said before ,it is our forum ....Brighton and Hove Albion ,and if you cant voice your frustrations on your own site where can you .Dont agree with a lot of stuff thats posted but its their opinion its escapism just like every other fans forum including SW,we are no different .

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
You had 4 cracks at them last season, and didn't beat them once, so maybe it comes from that ?
I think it stems more from the fact they actually believe they are this 'massive' club. Pure arrogance on their part. The best answer to that lies on the pitch which you rightly highlight, we failed to do on four counts. Still, it's all about next season now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:drama:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Another bit of Crystal Palace hypocrisy this is what your fans thought of them the last time you played them
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201686&highlight=Sheff+Wed
Post 4 doesn't hold back any punches does he.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Liverpool trading off past glories? Blimey that is a first, even for some of the crap written on here over the last 15 odd years

I'm first with the news :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There's a mix of comments on there, as there usually is on threads of that type on every forum. One of their fans wades into them and says that many of them are arrogant and it's no surprise that some other clubs' fans have taken a dislike. Some of the posts that are critical of us have an element of truth, to be fair. There's one post that says we had 4 chances (Derby, Boro, Wednesday twice) and blew them all. That is essentially correct, although we would argue there were a number of extenuating factors. Derby was entirely self-inflicted, was it not?

Indeed we had four opportunities and blew them all, it's a fact, whatever the circumstances that conspired against. Four chances is a lot :down:

Can't blame other clubs suggesting we choked and are whingers looking for excuses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here