Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on...Who has upset the MASSIVE?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
This is from their forum by a Moderator named Eastern,

'I dislike them for a number of reasons. As fans they are so hard done by. Everyone is against them. They never shut up about the past and how their ground was snatched from them.

This season they were cheated apparently. Even if the lad had not got the red at Boro, they may not have beat them. They forgot to mention the perfectly good goal that Boro had disallowed at Brum the week earlier. But no they have to find some other way to suggest they were cheated.

Now they have got their shiny new stadium, they have such high opinions of themselves.

I live in Sussex. I know a lot of Brighton fans. They are plastics. Of all the season ticket holders I know, their main clubs they support are in the Premier League.

Maybe why week in week out they have such a poxy atmosphere down there '

Now if that is a mod, what are the rest of them like? Anyone know him, or capable of finding out more about him?

Bit sad that he lives somewhere and hates all the locals and sneers at their team. I'm a Brighton exile and I enjoy talking to the locals here about their club. I respect them and they always ask me about how the Albion are doing. Eastern is a total pr*ck who should eff off back home if that's his view.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This is from their forum by a Moderator named Eastern,

'I dislike them for a number of reasons. As fans they are so hard done by. Everyone is against them. They never shut up about the past and how their ground was snatched from them.

This season they were cheated apparently. Even if the lad had not got the red at Boro, they may not have beat them. They forgot to mention the perfectly good goal that Boro had disallowed at Brum the week earlier. But no they have to find some other way to suggest they were cheated.

Now they have got their shiny new stadium, they have such high opinions of themselves.

I live in Sussex. I know a lot of Brighton fans. They are plastics. Of all the season ticket holders I know, their main clubs they support are in the Premier League.

Maybe why week in week out they have such a poxy atmosphere down there '

Now if that is a mod, what are the rest of them like? Anyone know him, or capable of finding out more about him?

I too have moved to Brighton from another part of the country... Although born in Manchester I did live in Sheffield for a very long time. I really liked living in Sheffield. Fantastic night life, [mostly] nice people and you don't have to step that far out of town before you get to some spectacular countryside.

My one take-away from living up there, was the Owls were a plastic club followed by armchair fans with no real interest in football. The Blades were the passionate ones, the ones singing their way through the city centre on a saturday night, the ones who would talk for hours about the game and not just their own club.

It's a long time since I have been back to Sheffield, but I don't imagine that much has changed, despite the differing fortunes of the city's two clubs (though with the urban sprawl I'm sure both Doncaster and Rotherham have stolen younger fans that "rightly belonged" to one or other of the clubs).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I too have moved to Brighton from another part of the country... Although born in Manchester I did live in Sheffield for a very long time. I really liked living in Sheffield. Fantastic night life, [mostly] nice people and you don't have to step that far out of town before you get to some spectacular countryside.

My one take-away from living up there, was the Owls were a plastic club followed by armchair fans with no real interest in football. The Blades were the passionate ones, the ones singing their way through the city centre on a saturday night, the ones who would talk for hours about the game and not just their own club.

It's a long time since I have been back to Sheffield, but I don't imagine that much has changed, despite the differing fortunes of the city's two clubs (though with the urban sprawl I'm sure both Doncaster and Rotherham have stolen younger fans that "rightly belonged" to one or other of the clubs).

In general you're right, it hasn't changed much at all in that respect. I do know a number of decent Wednesday :lolol: fans. My neighbours and their family are all Owls as are some of my clients and they all fit the bill of knowledgeable football people and proper fans.

However, SWFC does also have many more plastics who don't have a clue, never go to matches (playoffs excepted) and weren't interested in how they were doing at all over the last few seasons but have all crawled out of the woodwork now. It's the general feeling that I've always had living here for the past 20 odd years and recent weeks have definitely proved the point.

You're also right that it's still a great place to live.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Isn't it ODD how all these people 'know' all these 'Brighton fans' with 'other' main clubs?

Given that there are apparently THOUSANDS of them, it is statistically incredible that I personally know a few hundred Albion fans, of which NONE have 'dual-allegiances'.

Weird.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Blades are more 'Sheffield' if ya like due to location being city centre. Owls is outta town or 'South Barnsley' as Blades fans might point out. A Doncaster boy myself don't think Donny's recent success will have attracted too many as was wasn't prolonged enough. And relegation back to league 2 has scuppered any unlikely South Yorkshire take over. Add to the fact Donny is full of Wendys and Leeds fans am ashamed to say. Even Donny's newish ground don't attract any fans inbetween Donny and Rotherham. As their new ground is much nicer and now playing higher standard football.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In general you're right, it hasn't changed much at all in that respect. I do know a number of decent Wednesday :lolol: fans. My neighbours and their family are all Owls as are some of my clients and they all fit the bill of knowledgeable football people and proper fans.

However, SWFC does also have many more plastics who don't have a clue, never go to matches (playoffs excepted) and weren't interested in how they were doing at all over the last few seasons but have all crawled out of the woodwork now. It's the general feeling that I've always had living here for the past 20 odd years and recent weeks have definitely proved the point.

You're also right that it's still a great place to live.
I have in-laws in Sheffield. There are also Blades and Millers in the same house.

I know two season ticket holders in one family, but that family took 8 people to Wembley, so that could count as 6 plastics.

Oh, and like HKFC, I know hundreds of Brighton fans, not one of whom has a Premier league club as a favourite.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Isn't it ODD how all these people 'know' all these 'Brighton fans' with 'other' main clubs?

Given that there are apparently THOUSANDS of them, it is statistically incredible that I personally know a few hundred Albion fans, of which NONE have 'dual-allegiances'.

Weird.

Conversely I know a SWFC "fan" who told me a while ago that he wasn't really bothered about following them in L1 or the Championship as he only likes watching Premier League football.

He was then recently moaning that he'd have to pay top whack for a Wembley ticket as he wasn't a STH / hadn't been to enough (any) games.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012

Weird.

An awful lot of people seem to want to spend circa 500 quid a year to watch a team they have no real interest in too. I guess it's just to sit in a new stadium, you know that stadium that is now 6 years old.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
An awful lot of people seem to want to spend circa 500 quid a year to watch a team they have no real interest in too. I guess it's just to sit in a new stadium, you know that stadium that is now 6 years old.

The appeal is in the padded seats and the visitation of footballing giants such as Burnley and Wednesday. They always come and put on a show for us.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Weird.
Yep, I will do a 480 mile round trip from Manchester in a day to see a home game. Yes we have some plastics but also a hard core who go home and away, like every club..... Including Wednesday. In fairness to Wednesday their away support is decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here