Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cole Palmer on loan?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Pep has always been very clear on not keeping players who want to leave, other than Bernardo Silva. It doesn't seem to bother him at all when players come and go, he knows they'll fund replacements of the same level.

It was also a great deal for FFP (as if City care!), £40m for an academy player. It's also why there's any suggestion Chelsea would sell their current captain to fund more headless chicken-style purchases.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I don’t think he’s that good, I think City might have made the right call in letting him go. He can maybe score 10-15 goals a season, but is not a 20 goal a season Man City are looking for. No way would I have been happy to trade Mitoma for him, despite Mitoma’s recent poor form.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Doubt if we were ever in for him.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Doubt if we were ever in for him.

This. Above our pay grade. Yes he's looked shite in a few games, but then so has Caicedo and the majority of the Chelsea squad. Still think he's quality and put in a decent team and under a good manager, he'd shine.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This. Above our pay grade. Yes he's looked shite in a few games, but then so has Caicedo and the majority of the Chelsea squad. Still think he's quality and put in a decent team and under a good manager, he'd shine.

We wanted him on loan, reportedly. He wouldn't have been on mega money so I'm sure we could've afforded it. Certainly, would've been cheaper than Fati.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks like the chances are the loan thing was made up then:

But he admits his permanent exit from City, where he only started three Premier League games having come through their youth academy, was not planned.

"My thing was to never leave City," he told Sky Sports' Patrick Davison ahead of Chelsea's Carabao Cup semi-final first leg against Middlesbrough on Tuesday, live on Sky Sports.

"That was not my intention. I wanted to go on loan for a year, come back and be ready for the first team.

"But they said I couldn't go on loan, either stay or you get sold.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Looks like the chances are the loan thing was made up then:

But he admits his permanent exit from City, where he only started three Premier League games having come through their youth academy, was not planned.

"My thing was to never leave City," he told Sky Sports' Patrick Davison ahead of Chelsea's Carabao Cup semi-final first leg against Middlesbrough on Tuesday, live on Sky Sports.

"That was not my intention. I wanted to go on loan for a year, come back and be ready for the first team.

"But they said I couldn't go on loan, either stay or you get sold.

Why does that mean we or other clubs weren't keen on a loan? Naylor confirmed the interest in the player was genuine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here