Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cole Palmer on loan?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I will confess this is disappointing. I thought this was a deal we could do that would be perfect for his development. Not to be critical of the club but given this has been discussed for so long, if we were interested, why not move sooner?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perhaps we are not a draw as we think we are…I do hope the Mohammed guys experience and the view that we are just in it to buy cheap and sell big doesn’t come back to bite us

in barber we trusT etc

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Genuine question, who are the leaders and experienced players to guide the youngsters other than Thiago and Sterling? Maybe Chilwell

Also who is Sanchez competition? Is he currently an uncontested number 1? Given how much they have spent on outfield players they don’t appear to have much in the way of keepers.
Didn't they buy one the other day from the MLS?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I will confess this is disappointing. I thought this was a deal we could do that would be perfect for his development. Not to be critical of the club but given this has been discussed for so long, if we were interested, why not move sooner?
Would have been a loan……..assuming a sale suits City better from an ffp perspective?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Perhaps we are not a draw as we think we are…I do hope the Mohammed guys experience and the view that we are just in it to buy cheap and sell big doesn’t come back to bite us

in barber we trusT etc
We are very attractive to youngsters who want to play and progress their careers. Not so much for those who are happy picking up a very fat cheque for sitting on their arse.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
How do you know we haven't moved sooner?
We could well have made an offer within our budget and according to our valuation, but were unable to attract a player from the European Champions who is being pursued by a team that are probably prepared to pay a higher fee and higher wages.

Be prepared for plenty of disappointment if you think we can compete financially with potential Super League clubs by 'moving sooner'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Genuine question, who are the leaders and experienced players to guide the youngsters other than Thiago and Sterling? Maybe Chilwell
Of the 23 man squad that won their last proper trophy, the 2021 ECL final, four are left: Thiago, James, Chilwell and Hudson Odoi, who they are selling. When he leaves, Brighton's squad will contain more ECL winners than their's: Lallana, Welbeck, Milner & Gilmore all have winner's medals.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
So the Chelsea recruitment team. Have gone all over social media to find out who Brighton are Interested in and then gone and Brought them instead.

IMHO Palmer is a winger, but Oscar Bobb at City is a better alternative than both Palmer and MacAteer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thinks for the money it’s a terrible assembled squad, not one superstar player or game changer signed.
I can think of one player who was described as both of those things on this very board numerous times last season...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I really wish we’d pushed the boat out in trying to get Palmer to sign. I wonder if we’d have been in with a chance?

Hell, in hindsight even a loan would have been fantastic.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I heard a rumour that they wanted Mitoma and used Palmer as bait. He didn’t want to come to us.

May of course be bullshit.
I’d have taken that in a heartbeat….again in hindsight. Shoot me

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I heard Palmer was greatly disappointed that a loan move to Brighton didn't happen and it started a rift with inevitable sale. Once it was a sale he went out of our price range.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I heard Palmer was greatly disappointed that a loan move to Brighton didn't happen and it started a rift with inevitable sale. Once it was a sale he went out of our price range.
I’d heard similar. He was very keen, we felt we could only afford a loan and City only wanted a sale. Chelsea made sure it was out of our price range.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here