Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG Stays

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Nobody in the division will have the cash for three quality strikers. Colunga was our second most creative forward player last year behind Tex. He will be useful if he stays and we have a decent midfield. Baldock and O'Grady will be useful options. We just need one natural goalscorer and we will look decent going forward, providing we have a good midfield behind them.
the big teams in the division who have a bigger budget then we have will be able to afford 3 quality forwards

theboybilly

We'll be going down Billyboy
Bristol City MK Dons & Preston all play a higher tempo game with a purpose than us plus with no Blackpool Millwall & Wigan can only see Rotherham worse than us, we won't compete with player wages with other teams in the division so can only see one outcome next season Doom Doom Doom + a little bit more doom on top

Heh heh...you remind me of Baldrick (in Blackadder Goes Forth) and his poem but instead of 'BOOM BOOM BOOM' it's a case of 'DOOM DOOM DOOM'

We'll be alright.... I can't wait for the fixtures to come out

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well, i'm not wholly enamoured with the hulking chugger, and i don't want him to be too near the starting line-up, but if ever we're in need of a touch of bravery when our quicker, slicker goal-hunters have had enough for the day, there could be worse players to come on and give it their all. Whether he wishes to be so far down the pecking order or if a new Sheffield Utd manager also has a taste for him and his longing for Rockishly raising an eyebrow up t'nof is reborn are other matters.
I'm slightly more worried about Baldock being one of our wide attacking 3. I'm in the wish for someone more suitable and comfortable in their role.

Feb 14, 2010
Would he have got in the Bournemouth, Watford or Norwich side last season? If not then that is your answer on whether COG should play for us next season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well for myself and others who maybe interested, what was your answer to the question the first time around?

OP says we don't compete with other clubs in paying wages. I isay we do. Or rather most clubs. As we Normally outspend 15 or 16 clubs each season. Someone says can't be true. Look at how poor this lot are compared to the lot before. rinse. Repeat. Etc

that one....

PS: I like COG . Hope he stays. Brentford and Arsenal were 2 highlights of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here