Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG Stays

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Baldock and COG as back up. Whoever we sign as first choice had better be a) good and b) never, ever get injured.

I'm in the optimistic camp until proved otherwise but if this is true it really doesn't bode too well, does it?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He is exactly the type of player Brighton need in the squad and on the pitch IMO.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
As it stands currently we have COG and Baldock who may or may not be be fit for the new season.

So another season with next to no goals from our forwards

Colunga is also still signed to us, don't believe any traction has been made on him returning to Spain permanently either.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
This is fine as long as we have 4 strikers in place for the season.. COG, Baldock, and 2 more brought in that are seen as the first choice players.

theboybilly

We cannot struggle again for goals again next season. It's going to be a lot tougher and we won't have such poor sides as Blackpool and Millwall to help us out. All the teams coming up know where the net is, and Burnley, QPR and Hull will be adding to the promotion mix. I'll be extremely happy with a top-half finish to be honest

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He is exactly the type of player Brighton need in the squad and on the pitch IMO.

He is exactly the type of player i don't want anywhere near the first team if we are serious about promotion.

1 goal in 28 league games.

Loan him out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He scored against Arsenal in the FA cup which is more than anyone from Middlesbrough, Hull or Villa could do. The dissenters keep throwing up stats of one league goal, but he had assists and scored a good penalty.
I think it would have helped playing with Baldock, and he is being judged unfairly by the fans, but then what else is new?
Hughton had the opportunity to play them both, and hardly ever did, no matter how desperate in front of goal, it got.

With them in tandem again, why would next season be any different?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He is exactly the type of player i don't want anywhere near the first team if we are serious about promotion.

1 goal in 28 league games.

Loan him out

Now check out the stats on clear chances he had and then look at the service he received.

Being a centre forward isn't all about scoring goals. It's also how you bring others into the game and set up goals.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Now check out the stats on clear chances he had and then look at the service he received.

Being a centre forward isn't all about scoring goals. It's also how you bring others into the game and set up goals.

I don't need any other stat apart from the one about goals.

A decent striker will either create his own chances or take the ones that come his way. If we are going to persist with one up front than COG isn't the man for that a lone striker role He won't bag 20 goals plus which is needed

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Baldock and COG as back up. Whoever we sign as first choice had better be a) good and b) never, ever get injured.

I'm in the optimistic camp until proved otherwise but if this is true it really doesn't bode too well, does it?

Disagree i like what i have seen of Baldock (Bar the fact he has was unlucky with injuries) i think he will be a big part next season

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I suspect that if CH signs three strikers then COG will be either sold or let go on a season long loan, regardless of what the neighbours think.

O'Gravy might have told his neighbours he could still be popping around to scrounge a bag of sugar but it will only take a northern club to make enquiries and he'll be off like a whippet chasing a rabbit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He doesn't know he's def staying. If imagine Sheff Utd aren't coming in for him now Clough has gone. But anything can happen. In the market between now and Sept...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two years left on his contract at 15k a week apparently. I doubt he's going anywhere too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here