Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG Stays

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He doesn't know he's def staying. If imagine Sheff Utd aren't coming in for him now Clough has gone. But anything can happen. In the market between now and Sept...

Sheffield United aren't entirely out of the picture :wink: He is also on the radar at Sheffield Wednesday :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So we have

Baldock
COG
Colunga ( unless his transfer goes through )

next year.

Which means we are getting in at least 1 striker, but I reckon any or all of the above 3 may go, meaning a total of 2 or 3 or even 4 strikers will be brought in.

A lot of work for the albion to get done.

It would be good to start seeing some of this soon.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
So we have

Baldock
COG
Colunga ( unless his transfer goes through ).

next year.

Which means we are getting in at least 1 striker, but I reckon any or all of the above three may go, meaning a total of 2 or 3 strikers will be brought in.
we need to bring in 3 quality forwards who are better than ogrady and Baldock and Colunga

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I'd like to see him stay. He may not be scoring goals but he's frequently been one of our better players, you can tell his heart is in it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So we have

Baldock
COG
Colunga ( unless his transfer goes through )

next year.

Which means we are getting in at least 1 striker, but I reckon any or all of the above 3 may go, meaning a total of 2 or 3 or even 4 strikers will be brought in.

A lot of work for the albion to get done.

It would be good to start seeing some of this soon.
When you go shopping do you only ever buy one thing at a time?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
studio150;6947127 Baldock who may or may not be be fit for the new season. [/QUOTE said:
Hughton confirmed before end of season that Baldock is fit (as is Crofts) for a full pre-season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems that's how you feel the Albion should shop, I was just wondering if that's what came naturally to you.
Not at all. I don't expect the albion to announce most of their signings on the same day ( unless it is the last day of the transfer window ).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If they can't get shot of Colunga then I would expect him to be loaned out. I can't see them not going for broke with a marque forward signing, provided they can pursuade one to come down here.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He scored ONE goal in the league. ONE. And that was from a penalty

I'd back some of the posters on here to have scored more than that given the opportunities he has had. That header he ducked out the way of at Watford being the main opportunity to DOUBLE his tally

Scored 15 the season before. The difference being Barnsley played to his strengths AND gave him service. I'll grant you he wasn't brilliant last season but he was playing in the worst Albion side for half a decade.

He's not the greatest striker out there, but as 3rd/4th choice I'm perfectly happy to keep him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all. I don't expect the albion to announce most of their signings on the same day ( unless it is the last day of the transfer window ).
Buckley was the clubs record transfer for less than 24 hours, before CMS arrived.

ahhh happy days, we were all fresh faced and excited.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nobody in the division will have the cash for three quality strikers. Colunga was our second most creative forward player last year behind Tex. He will be useful if he stays and we have a decent midfield. Baldock and O'Grady will be useful options. We just need one natural goalscorer and we will look decent going forward, providing we have a good midfield behind them.
This this this......Zamora & one untried and untried POWERHOUSE and we are sorted. I like Colunga, much more to come from Baldock, COG as back up, Zamora pay as you play say 30 games and an unknown potential to get 15 to 20 goals (very hopefully)

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I like COG. In the right system he could be very, very good at this level. Looking through his career stats he's never been a heavy goal scorer but the way he plays allows others to thrive. He's always done well when he's been surrounded by pace. If we can find some players who have the wherewithal to break ahead of him or clear space for him to pin defenders in and around the penalty area he's more than capable at this level. My concern is where Baldock fits in. CH's reluctance to play two out and out forwards means he could have another frustrating campaign on the wing which would be egregious, especially after spending that amount of money on him.

Have people also realised that if COG is staying it means that Leon Best certainly isn't coming back?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not worried about us not signing anybody immediately as I havent read of any club being interested in CMS and there must be plenty in Div 1 considering him so perhaps most clubs havent started their recruutment yet.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am not worried about us not signing anybody immediately as I havent read of any club being interested in CMS and there must be plenty in Div 1 considering him so perhaps most clubs havent started their recruutment yet.
I'd imagine he's demanding top dollar, that will scare plenty off, that and the fact he's a spent force (seemingly).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here