COG Stays

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Same case for CMS, but he had a peculiar sycophantic following.

I look at it differently, many fans appreciated the supreme effort that CMS put in and, regardless of his quality, continued to sing his name and support him right up until the his last kick in an Albion shirt. I'd much rather that than abusing a player for a talent deficit.

And COG did get plenty of support, the 'You to me are everything' chant got plenty of mileage in the North this season and for what it's worth, he deserved it, I could never fault his effort and application. In fact one of the best moments of that sorry season was the near relentless chanting for O'Grady when he came on against Brentford at Griffin Park which ended with the sweetest pay-off when he scored.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Two years left on his contract at 15k a week apparently. I doubt he's going anywhere too.

This is the problem for me 15k for a 'backup' striker not worth anywhere near that wage which is the main reason I think he will stay as he will struggle to get that elsewhere

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I look at it differently, many fans appreciated the supreme effort that CMS put in and, regardless of his quality, continued to sing his name and support him right up until the his last kick in an Albion shirt. I'd much rather that than abusing a player for a talent deficit.

And COG did get plenty of support, the 'You to me are everything' chant got plenty of mileage in the North this season and for what it's worth, he deserved it, I could never fault his effort and application. In fact one of the best moments of that sorry season was the near relentless chanting for O'Grady when he came on against Brentford at Griffin Park which ended with the sweetest pay-off when he scored.

I think you misunderstood the tone of my post. I like COG, the turning point for me was the Brenford cup game, he turned the game in our favour and was bloody unlucky not to get a hat trick. He shows effort yet many fans are happy to ignore it and slate him, where as the same people would be blinkered regarding CMS's lack of ability.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think you misunderstood the tone of my post. I like COG, the turning point for me was the Brenford cup game, he turned the game in our favour and was bloody unlucky not to get a hat trick. He shows effort yet many fans are happy to ignore it and slate him, where as the same people would be blinkered regarding CMS's lack of ability.

Ah I see, totally agree. That's football really, one man's trash is another man's treasured trash.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We cannot struggle again for goals again next season. It's going to be a lot tougher and we won't have such poor sides as Blackpool and Millwall to help us out. All the teams coming up know where the net is, and Burnley, QPR and Hull will be adding to the promotion mix. I'll be extremely happy with a top-half finish to be honest

We'll be going down Billyboy
Bristol City MK Dons & Preston all play a higher tempo game with a purpose than us plus with no Blackpool Millwall & Wigan can only see Rotherham worse than us, we won't compete with player wages with other teams in the division so can only see one outcome next season Doom Doom Doom + a little bit more doom on top

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So we have

Baldock
COG
Colunga ( unless his transfer goes through )

next year.

Which means we are getting in at least 1 striker, but I reckon any or all of the above 3 may go, meaning a total of 2 or 3 or even 4 strikers will be brought in.

A lot of work for the albion to get done.

It would be good to start seeing some of this soon.

Can't see Baldock going anywhere. The one that CH would want to go the most seems to be Colunga, who is a good player in my view, but can't see him featuring in a CH team. COG is the most likely to go of those three, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him here next season.
If they're all here next season, then I can't see us signing more than one forward. Which just goes to say that we need to find the right quality and type of player: can play up top on their own, scores goals, and at least one of -- quick or good at holding the ball up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'll be going down Billyboy
Bristol City MK Dons & Preston all play a higher tempo game with a purpose than us plus with no Blackpool Millwall & Wigan can only see Rotherham worse than us, we won't compete with player wages with other teams in the division so can only see one outcome next season Doom Doom Doom + a little bit more doom on top
Right from that Donny game it feels like we've slowly watched the entire division speed up, while we've steadfastly refused to drop anyone of our holding midfielders.

A lack of attacking intent is the only thing the Albion have in common with oh I don't know:-
Blackpool
Millwall
&
Wigan.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
As long as it's not Doombar Tony. Utterly appalling pint, and just about the only 'ale' on tap in that boozer by Hassocks train station.
image.jpg
The club just as well adopt Doombar as their official Ale at Amex next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports