NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This 100%
Why?

One game for CMS & Ullao.
A game we won.
A game played with very little width.
We controlled the ball for the first half.
CMS is comfortably our top scorer.

Barnes' petulance cost him his place, and maybe 3 points, you can't have him back.

Hoskins has done very little (for one reason and another) all the time he's been here.
His contract is up in the Summer, and won't be renewed.

Allow CMS and Ullao some game time, what they need is Buckley/KLL stretching the play.

Quite why so many people are so keen to throw Brighton's number 1 striker under the bus is beyond comprehension.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Who's going to muscle us out of it? Danny Murphy? Forget the misconceptions, you can't "muscle" a team out of a match if you've got quality players. We play a style with players good enough to play it, that's the difference from last season and certain matches where we tried something we weren't good enough to achieve.

well he's hardly the only player in there midfield..but thanks for picking on him ...i'm going by the match up there where i was given the impression we were over powered a tad in the middle and they played a bit rough

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Why?

One game for CMS & Ullao.
A game we won.
A game played with very little width.
We controlled the ball for the first half.
CMS is comfortably our top scorer.

Barnes' petulance cost him his place, and maybe 3 points, you can't have him back.

Hoskins has done very little (for one reason and another) all the time he's been here.
His contract is up in the Summer, and won't be renewed.

Allow CMS and Ullao some game time, what they need is Buckley/KLL stretching the play.

Quite why so many people are so keen to throw Brighton's number 1 striker under the bus is beyond comprehension.

Yup. Some very harsh comments in this thread re CMS - he did a lot of work yesterday that people didn't notice. Held the ball up well on occasions, nice lay offs, hassled defenders and a lovely bit of skill in the box in the first half that did not quite come off. Hoskins would not do half the work he does. Give it time and he and Leo could form a good partnership I reckon.

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Regrettably once again CMS was the weakest link in the team again yesterday.

If we can get anywhere near our money back we should sell him. He has been poor ever since he joined.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
one game. they need more time.

AJBHA

Jan 27, 2013
London
Rome wasn't built in a day. So how about we give this one time before we start stoning them like impatient twats!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought CMS looked better running off Uolla do not agree with any of the above its work in progress

Very much this. A striker partnership does not ignite in one game it takes a few weeks. I thought the early signs were promising.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Why does it have to be CMS partnering Ulloa? I'd rather have Barnes (when not suspended) if we play the 2 upfront. Just because CMS has cost millions shouldn't mean he deserves place.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Not sure tht wud work against Rovers who will just muscle us out of it in middle of park

but we need to make them change, we shouldnt set up to suit Blackburn especially at home. We need to make them change to suit us. Attack attack from the off, natural width and balls into the box.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Very much this. A striker partnership does not ignite in one game it takes a few weeks. I thought the early signs were promising.

Well said, I thought both of them worked hard and tirelessly, Hull were very organised and tight at the back and constantly had nine men behind the ball. Yes give them time, i'm not excluding Barnes, that fight on here is counterproductive, we need all of them. Lets just have some patience, winning is habitual and we're now on our way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here