Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS & Ulloa

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Abbsolutely. We give them 1 game together, without any width, and decide it won't work? Put Buckley right, with Dave in the centre alongside Bridcutt, and push Orlandi out wider on the left and bosh, balls in the box for Ulloa to win and CMS to gobble up, ala his time with Posh. It didn't happen yesterday, but if we delivered the type of crosses that Brady on the left and Elmo on the right did for Hull...

Not sure tht wud work against Rovers who will just muscle us out of it in middle of park

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
One other thing is say is that hull were up there with Cardiff and Middlesbrough in that their defences were one of the most organised out of all the other teams I've seen this year. They also played a decent defensive line that wasn't too high nor was it too deep.

I thought both strikers ran themselves into the ground last night and I think that it would have been a very different score had we have been playing a lesser opponent.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not sure tht wud work against Rovers who will just muscle us out of it in middle of park

Who's going to muscle us out of it? Danny Murphy? Forget the misconceptions, you can't "muscle" a team out of a match if you've got quality players. We play a style with players good enough to play it, that's the difference from last season and certain matches where we tried something we weren't good enough to achieve.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
CMS is a good striker at this level. If we got offered what we paid for him I'd take it, in a shot as I looking back now it was to much. That said, he is a perfectly good championship striker, at least he is a lot better than some of the dross other teams have. Still think Hoskins deserves a start though, long overdue.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
CMS has the worst touch ever.

not true. My mate tom has an absolutely appauling touch. So much so we call him 'one touch Tom', as he only has one touch before he loses the ball :thumbsup:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Difficult to judge, as he played the two up top, as everybody has been crying out for. But didn't play with any wingers to provide the crosses. Surely the decision to play the two together, demands at least one wide player to start??? Almost as if Poyet was trying to prove a point. Give the fans what they want, but don't supply the bullets to load the gun. Very strange, still we won so all's well that ends well.

completely correct - although cms is still toilet - he cant control a football and for 2.5 million quid we were absolutely mugged ferguson and fry must piss themselves every saturday night in the local posh boozer.

- - - Updated - - -

not true. My mate tom has an absolutely appauling touch. So much so we call him 'one touch Tom', as he only has one touch before he loses the ball :thumbsup:

and how much do you think one touch tom worth.....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
He's not SHIT - just vastly overrated by opposition fans and given far too much credit by many of our own fans over the 18 months he's been here. He just disappoints me with his pointless running around and inability to master the football basics. His occasional top drawer strikes are welcome but they simply make it harder to understand why he plays like a junior squad member 90% of the time.

surely that means he is shit?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Couldn't understand why we kept pumping high balls for cms to head, needed them to Ulloa to knock down for cms

I agree, we get a big man and then use CMS as the target? Strange thinking, thought cms worked tirelessly, set up Orlandi for hat dreadful miss. Ulloa looked a bit slow in thinking and movement, not a criticism, just an observation. Would like to see cms playing off Ulloa and not on the right wing? But, don't underate Hull, very organised and could have had three or four in the second half, they made things very difficult yesterday.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'm not sure CMS can partner anyone to be honest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've kept out of the 3 or 4 anti CMS binfest threads, because 'well you would say that wouldn't you'.

I don't think CMS had a bad game yesterday.
Sure his THIRD touch was poor, all game.

But in a side with no width CMS troubled their defence all game, gaining countless throw-ins, corners and free kicks.

I don't see the strong signs of linking up with Ullao that we had with Barnes, but because of Barnes we've another 2 matches to make that assessment in.

But CMS and Upson certainly had moments reminicent of the P'boro goals highlight reel.

There was a least one exquisite ball, from Vicente I think, over the top, attacking towards the goal, for the striker to run onto.
As is CMS' lucky, it was in the path of Ullao and not him, and the move fizzled out.
Had it been CMS well ... then it all depends what side of the fence you are on.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think this is correct. He cant hold the ball up, has poor control and is never going to run away from a defender following a through ball. I am not sure why playing 2 up front means we are going for it. As far as I can see we are most creative where we can pass it around in midfield and isolate one of our wingers against a full back. To do this we it helps if we have 5 in midfield and going for it means something like Lua/Orlandi, Bridcutt, Vicente, Hammond, Buckley, and not the 4 we started with yesterday. Our problem has not been creating chances - it has been finishing them. We only need one player to finish chances and not 2 (given that CMS has had ample chances to prove he is a finisher).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here