Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS & Ulloa

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Then start another thread on that and then I will explain to you why 1 upfront in this division will never get you promoted .

Can't you just explain it on this thread?

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
I'm not sure of the need to moan about CMS maybe it's because Barnes isn't playing and there needs to be someone to moan about.
We were playing against a team looking at automatic promotion with a very good defensive record who pressed very well.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Cms and ulloa together is fine, but you need natural pace and width for it to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Cms and ulloa together is fine, but you need natural pace and width for it to work.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Agree with a lot of the points on here.

CMS wasn't great but certainly isn't shit like some make out.

One game and some are already saying it won't work ... Unbelievable ! But these are probably the same people who wrote off Spanish Dave after a couple if games as well.

They need service which they certainly didn't get yesterday

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I cant see it working. Ulloa up top with vicente playing behind him is what i would like. CMS needs to be loaned out to get him off the wage bill. A joke of a forward. having him in the side is like playing with 10 men.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Agree with a lot of the points on here.

CMS wasn't great but certainly isn't shit like some make out.

One game and some are already saying it won't work ... Unbelievable ! But these are probably the same people who wrote off Spanish Dave after a couple if games as well.

They need service which they certainly didn't get yesterday

you are correct. hes not shit. hes very very shit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we played them together in the wrong manner Ulloa should have been the target man with CMS dropping off but when that did happen CMS and Ulloa were too far apart to link up they should have been 3 yds apart not 20. The high balls should have been for Ulloa to nod down to CMS not the other way around.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To all the people who want to go back to one up front on Tuesday.We WON yesterday, after four games without winning, against the best away team in the league, who happened to be in third place and we kept a clean sheet.....After one game playing two up front and some idiots what to change back.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Neither had the right service yesterday. They have to drop deep too often or contend for a long ball with their back to goal. It would work with a Buckley cross from the byline to the head of Ulloa, knocked down on a plate for CMS. Too often however, CMS especially has to feed off scraps, but he showed good ball skill with a run and 1-2 in the first half. Give them time it might yet work.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Then start another thread on that and then I will explain to you why 1 upfront in this division will never get you promoted .

I intrigued now please explain further I'm sure lots of people would like to know the answer. Not that I think we play with 1 up top all the time, its more a 4-2-1-3 reverting to 4-5-1 when we don't have the ball but hey.

The thing with CMS is that for the last 18 months or so we have watched him toil away up top, score some nice goals (not nearly enough for me) but miss some very easy chances and generally not have the ability to link play as required. Now some seem to be desperate to change the shape of the team and the way we play just to include him.
A line up of Ulloa up top with Vicente just behind and Lopez/Buckley on the right and Orlandi/Lua Lua on left I would say is by far our best bet with CMS on the bench if we need someone to chase lost causes in the last 20 minutes.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
CMS has only fitfully suggested he's worth anywhere near the money we paid for him ... He just doesn't look consistently dangerous.

To be fair, he's consistently dangerous to those sitting in the front row seats either side of the goal.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To all the people who want to go back to one up front on Tuesday.We WON yesterday, after four games without winning, against the best away team in the league, who happened to be in third place and we kept a clean sheet.....After one game playing two up front and some idiots what to change back.

Did we win because we played two up front? Probably not. I'd like to see Ulloa and Hoskins up top next game.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
The quality of our crossing was very poor yesterday and Hammond and Orlandi didn't really fire in midfield. I thought CMS had a good first half. I am going to use my 7,000th NSC post to defend the partnership and look forward to it flourishing in the run in to the play-off's.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Abbsolutely. We give them 1 game together, without any width, and decide it won't work? Put Buckley right, with Dave in the centre alongside Bridcutt, and push Orlandi out wider on the left and bosh, balls in the box for Ulloa to win and CMS to gobble up, ala his time with Posh. It didn't happen yesterday, but if we delivered the type of crosses that Brady on the left and Elmo on the right did for Hull...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But the fact remains, we did indeed win. Something we haven't been doing and we need to do.

True. Thing is, we don't actually play 1 up top. We play 4-2-1-3 when attacking, have done all season. I think with Ulloa, it will now work far better. Have pace one side of him (Buckley/LuaLua) and technical ability the other side (Hoskins/Lopez) then Vicente/Orlandi sitting behind.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I thought CMS looked better running off Uolla do not agree with any of the above its work in progress

Absolutely what he said - it was their first real run out together ffs!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Abbsolutely. We give them 1 game together, without any width, and decide it won't work? Put Buckley right, with Dave in the centre alongside Bridcutt, and push Orlandi out wider on the left and bosh, balls in the box for Ulloa to win and CMS to gobble up, ala his time with Posh. It didn't happen yesterday, but if we delivered the type of crosses that Brady on the left and Elmo on the right did for Hull...

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here