Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS has already asked to leave!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Leaving aside whether he has already asked to go, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he did at some point. Maybe things can still turn around, but so far it hasn't worked out, he has spent most of the season chasing lost causes, and the team hasn't been built around him and his style. He has had massive support, I can't remember the last time the Albion crowd were willing one player on so much, he is a model pro and hasn't mouthed off in a very frustrating season. If he did go for £3million plus in the summer he'd go with my best wishes (unless it was Palace) and I am sure he'd score against us in the future. Then we'd just have to find the new Van Basten. Simples.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Worst case scenario.

We flog CMS at the end of the season then two weeks later Gus pisses off to Villa to be replaced by a manager who would have loved CMS!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
CMS is Quality. There will be lots of apologetic threads next season, you mark my words.

This

Just once, I would love us to dink a ball over the top and see him have a one on one......bury it in the bottom corner and that smile reappear.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
May seem like I'm going on about it but he seemed VERY happy with life down here when I spoke to him, LOVES Brighton as a place to live, said the stadium and the facilities are world class and was excited about the potential new training ground. Just to confirm, the LAST thing he looked/sounded like was unhappy. He looked thrilled to be involved in it all and I'd be AMAZED if he has asked to leave.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Flop?! You've got to be kidding right?!

Flop is probably the tabloid term for 'disappointment'. And his first season has been disappointing - so far, as he himself would admit in the playing sense. But it's not over yet, that is the point. Zamora once had a very dodgy season for West Ham and then scored goals in the play-off semis and the winner in the final, ending it a hero.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He needs to be on the pitch more, preferably with Vokes... CMS is NOT a flop IMHO, but Gus needs to play to his strengths, as he promised to do on signing him...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
This is bullshit! My mate just installed his new indoor clap response jacuzzi and is now finishing off the completion of his brand new imax home 3d viewing cinema built in with specially imported malaysian massage chairs. My mate asked him if he were leaving for another club, CMS replied "no chance, the extension on my house for a snooker table still isn't complete"

Last edited:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
There has to be a way of utilising his strengths without abandoning our style of play. Im not sure what is it, but something about getting a faster final ball from the midfield.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just to back this up, Craig is VERY happy here, sure he is frustrated this season he hasn't scored as many as he hoped + has dropped out the side recently, but he knows that this is part of a longer term plan, and understands the bigger picture.

Gus is managing him perfectly, so no need to worry about that.

Craig will be here next season, baring any Premiership clubs coming into him.

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
funny how most people say he has lost his smile and isnt happy yet if you look at the picture of him celebrating with calderon after his goal saturday cms looks the happiest of them all and he always stays after the final whistle to clap every stand,but yeah i guess most of you are right that is the signs of a player unhappy and wanted to leave asap.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
funny how most people say he has lost his smile and isnt happy yet if you look at the picture of him celebrating with calderon after his goal saturday cms looks the happiest of them all and he always stays after the final whistle to clap every stand,but yeah i guess most of you are right that is the signs of a player unhappy and wanted to leave asap.
I agree with this but he does seem more frustrated when he's actually playing.

The last couple of games he actually seems to have been playing ANGRILY.

Not that that is necessarily a bad thing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This

Just once, I would love us to dink a ball over the top and see him have a one on one......bury it in the bottom corner and that smile reappear.

Doesn't that just confirm that we are not necessarily playing to his strengths - how many opportunites like that has he had. Love his energy and enthusiasm, but he is not getting enough chances. Wouldn't blame him at all if he did really want to move.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
It honestly does sound like CMS is suffering the same fate that Murray is at Palace.

No doubting the quality of both CMS and Murray but it appears both teams are not playing to the strengths of these players, therefore, both are struggling for form and goals.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This season was all about consolidation and not going down. As a result we are still in the play off hunt.

I reckon next season will be more about playing to CMS strengths.

EG that Bailey fella for Boro basically did what Nav AND Bridders do for us. So that would release another more attack minded midfielder, or we could afford the luxury of two up front.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It honestly does sound like CMS is suffering the same fate that Murray is at Palace.

No doubting the quality of both CMS and Murray but it appears both teams are not playing to the strengths of these players, therefore, both are struggling for form and goals.

Agree with this. When Murray is off form or out of confidence he will look to the fans as being lazy and disinterested. CMS on the other hand will still give you everything he's got and chase everything down as quickly as possible though so is still a credit to the team.

This season was all about consolidation and not going down. As a result we are still in the play off hunt.

I reckon next season will be more about playing to CMS strengths.

EG that Bailey fella for Boro basically did what Nav AND Bridders do for us. So that would release another more attack minded midfielder, or we could afford the luxury of two up front.

I thought Razak was going to be the one that was going to be the attacking and defensive midfielder for us, combining say what Sparrow and Navarro give us. Hasn't worked out for whatever reason though

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Teddy Maybank.

Don't disrespect Teddy!

Paid a lot for him at the time, but never forget the equalising goal at Luton to earn a valuable point. BHA's first ever goal in the top flight vs Aston Villa away, and a hat-trick vs Cardiff.

:D

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Don't disrespect Teddy!

Paid a lot for him at the time, but never forget the equalising goal at Luton to earn a valuable point. BHA's first ever goal in the top flight vs Aston Villa away, and a hat-trick vs Cardiff.

:D

I agree that Teddy had his moments & I remember his hat-trick against Cardiff with great fondness but, considering the price we paid for him, he was a flop as he couldn't produce the goods on a regular basis. Bless him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here