Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS has already asked to leave!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm not bothered if he stays or goes, as long as if he leaves we receive what we paid for him. That said, if he does stay he will have my unequivocal support, like he should do from all of us.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh good, another thread about CMS for all the UEFA-qualified multi-Premiership title winning keyboard warriors on here to make generic, baseless statements. I can't believe how lucky we are as Brighton fans, to have so many randomly unemployed tactical geniuses watching from the stands, ready for their shot when Poyet moves on. "He'll be gone in the summer, fact." Yeah, except he won't and it isn't. Other than that though, spot on. Let's get a poll going, will it be RRH, Mutts Nutts or Terryberry who succeed Clueless Gus and sign Messi?

Gus isn't clueless....but he did get CMS wrong and how to play him, if CMS wants to go he should put him out of his misery and let him go, as it doesn't look like he will ever fit in Poyet's playing formations.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The only interesting thing on this thread is the George Boyd news and although I love him to bits not sure where HE would fit in our team now..... understudy to Buckley and KLL or Vicente?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
On 'Late Kick-Off' - Eastern region last night Barry Fry apparently said George Boyd has turned down a contract extention & he would be going in the close season.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Gus said he would build his team around CMS when he signed.

Patently he hasn't.

That said, CMS seems settled here and as a model professional, is not given to shouting his mouth off.

I am not at all sure about Voakes as yet, CMS should be starting or at least playing alongside imho.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gus said he would build his team around CMS when he signed.

Patently he hasn't. .

Could it be that he's tried to, and failed? We all know Gus is good, but perhaps this has evaded him so far?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
On 'Late Kick-Off' - Eastern region last night Barry Fry apparently said George Boyd has turned down a contract extention & he would be going in the close season.

I was all for getting Boyd early on in the season but think "we've" moved on now

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Gus and Tanno and 4 mens in suits (looked agent type) were sat at the bar of the Soffitel Hotel in the North Terminal at Gatwick yesterday for about an hour. I only heard small snippits, they discussed wages and how crazy they have become(dont know whose) and Tanno also was talking about when he made his debut for some reason. Anyway all looked pretty relaxed, no idea who the 4 chaps were.

Got nothing to do with CMS, just thought I would pass on.
(for the record, I work at Gatwick and was tipped off they were there by a contractor working in the hotel).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CMS is Quality. There will be lots of apologetic threads next season, you mark my words.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
We could have Messi/CMS up front it dont really matter,the service to our frontman is shite,CMS runs 24/7 for balls that never come,sit and watch him,if its not 20 foot in the air,its 30 yards heading towards the corner flag.

Nov 10, 2011
didn't say that.

but breaking a club transfer record for a flop who is now only a substitute is not something many could get away with

Maybe, if the club record was previously £15m, but it wasn't and what we paid for him was still relatively low, given the direction the club is going, which means we will probably be paying a lot more for players within the next few years.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Richard Reynold's Haircut said:
didn't say that.

but breaking a club transfer record for a flop who is now only a substitute is not something many could get away with

And if CMS was starting every single game no matter what, then you'd whine that he's only playing because of his transfer fee.

Threads like this only serve to confirm who the utter, utter twats are on this forum

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
didn't say that.

You silly man.

So getting promotion from the bottom of league one to the top of the championship is all outdone by spending a few million on an excellent player who hasn't quite shone as people expected?

His signings of Greer on a bargain, Bridcutt on a free, Noone for peanuts, VICENTE FOR FREE, Buckley for £1m are all ignored because the record signing not prospering is something not many could 'get away with'

CONTEXT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here