Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So given he's in make up at the Beeb how is he supposed to know? "Gus Poyet has been informed" means to me that he's been called and answered. Our club has no class at all and I'm ashamed of it tonight.

Believe what you will. If the club lied, he'll sue them. He won't because they didn't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I wasn't embarrassed when we have been relegated.
I wasn't embarrassed after the cup final Replay.
I wasn't embarrassed when we were plastered over the papers for stopping games and breaking goalposts.
I wasn't embarrassed playing at Withdean.
I wasn't embarrassed being 2 points adrift at the bottom of the football league.
I wasn't embarrassed being stuck in Selhurst after losing 5-0.
I have never been embarrassed supporting Brighton......
........until now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Well done the club. Gutsy call to bin him the day before the players return, but very necessary.
2. I don't have a problem with the public manner of this dismissal. He's a media whore - seems poetic to me.
3. I'm a bit concerned by this 'interim manager' bollocks. Get OGJ in asap. Chelsea and Spurs have both played hardball with managers in recent times and it's paid off.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
This.....

I wasn't embarrassed when we have been relegated.
I wasn't embarrassed after the cup final Replay.
I wasn't embarrassed when we were plastered over the papers for stopping games and breaking goalposts.
I wasn't embarrassed playing at Withdean.
I wasn't embarrassed being 2 points adrift at the bottom of the football league.
I wasn't embarrassed being stuck in Selhurst after losing 5-0.
I have never been embarrassed supporting Brighton......
........until now

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Believe what you will. If the club lied, he'll sue them. He won't because they didn't.

Again nonsense. He only has to win his appeal against dismissal to Google us over. The club COULD gain a significant advantage by disproving the claims he made tonight. It will be interesting to see if they succeed.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Again nonsense. He only has to win his appeal against dismissal to Google us over. The club COULD gain a significant advantage by disproving the claims he made tonight. It will be interesting to see if they succeed.

What is your problem, seriously? The club made a written statement saying that he was informed. He was asked an informal question about it on BBC, to which he gave a vague answer.
One can be authenticated by scrutiny. The other cannot.

And why on earth would you believe him over the club?!
The club don't need to disprove his claim. They just need to win the appeal procedure. I don't believe he'll appeal though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What is your problem, seriously? The club made a written statement saying that he was informed. He was asked an informal question about it on BBC, to which he gave a vague answer.
One can be authenticated by scrutiny. The other cannot.

And why on earth would you believe him over the club?!
The club don't need to disprove his claim. They just need to win the appeal procedure. I don't believe he'll appeal though.

I suppose this will come out in the wash like the rest fo this sorry sorry mess. In the meantime, the rest of the football community are enjoying a good laugh at our expense.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why appeal a job you don't want? If he appeals it will be about clearing his name for future jobs (though that's probably to necessary, if lee Hughes, marlon king and that Plymouth keeper can get jobs, so can gus) and getting any pay he would be due if sacked without reason. But to appeal he'd have to go through the motion of acting like he wants it, much like the interim manager is about acting as if it is open for him.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

the appeal will be to other directors of the club not involved in the original hearing.

it is likely he will lose that since it is a review of evidence already seen and anything new gus can add. if he loses that he can go to court and probably will but that will be about money.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Live tv at its best , what a mess I nearly felt sorry for gus myself wow scary a Brighton manager
All should have done behind closed doors
Still I'm a little worried now , I never throught gus could get you up

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Shame poyet didnt play holloway like he has played us tonight. Wants to come back, lol proper stuffed us tonight. V poor pr, undoing a lot of our fans great work.

that's entertainment!

Dec 3, 2012
So the club have taken a month to make a decision and then choose to communicate it at a time when Poyet has an immediate opportunity to colour the whole issue in his favour on live television. In the meantime the fans still don't know why he was suspended in the first place and the club cannot approach a new manager because Poyet wants to appeal.

Shambles.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Why appeal a job you don't want? If he appeals it will be about clearing his name for future jobs (though that's probably to necessary, if lee Hughes, marlon king and that Plymouth keeper can get jobs, so can gus) and getting any pay he would be due if sacked without reason. But to appeal he'd have to go through the motion of acting like he wants it, much like the interim manager is about acting as if it is open for him.

money mate - if he wins the appeal I would imagine club would have to pay his contract off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports