Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cliff Richard's home searched in historical sex enquiry

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
How deep will the search be. My guess is that he has buried one or two things in the Shadows...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They obviously tipped off the press they were going in.

Otherwise how come every news station and paper were there when they arrived?

I would imagine a police officer could have done, but that's completely different to the police naming him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would imagine a police officer could have done, but that's completely different to the police naming him.

...as could any passer by or neighbour of Cliff Richard, who could have called, tweeted or emailed a news agency within seconds of their arrival.

The police would already have prepared a media release prior to going in because they knew it would be of major interest, so as soon as the calls come in, the agencies would have been given that information.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Where's the Jill Dando/Cliff Richard You Tube video gone I was looking forward to watching that during tiffin this afternoon?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
...as could any passer by or neighbour of Cliff Richard, who could have called, tweeted or emailed a news agency within seconds of their arrival.

The police would already have prepared a media release prior to going in because they knew it would be of major interest, so as soon as the calls come in, the agencies would have been given that information.

I used to live and go to school less than a mile away from where this apartment is. (In fact I was at the school in the 1980s when the alleged incident took place!)

It is secluded and very private. If the police wanted to go in unannounced, they certainly could have without the media ever knowing about it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a known fact that MP's etc visited picadilly circus as underage boys work there. They have since the 60's and still operate there till this day. Elton John knows they did but back then everyone turned a blind eye until now.

Look: I really don't care what your particular opinions are on this subject, what you think is entirely your prerogative. What I do care about, is trying to ensure NSC stays on the right side of the line when it comes to not getting sued by some smart-arsed lawyer on a mission.

So I'll say again: if you want to speculate on alleged celebrity sex offences, please find a more suitable outlet in which to do it. There are enough out there, as various people have already mentioned.

Cheers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I used to live and go to school less than a mile away from where this apartment is. (In fact I was at the school in the 1980s when the alleged incident took place!)

It is secluded and very private. If the police wanted to go in unannounced, they certainly could have without the media ever knowing about it.

I hear you, but it's almost impossible, with social media being what it is, for something like that to go unnoticed these days. I'd be amazed if that was the case here.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Look: I really don't care what your particular opinions are on this subject, what you think is entirely your prerogative. What I do care about, is trying to ensure NSC stays on the right side of the line when it comes to not getting sued by some smart-arsed lawyer on a mission.

So I'll say again: if you want to speculate on alleged celebrity sex offences, please find a more suitable outlet in which to do it. There are enough out there, as various people have already mentioned.

Cheers.

If you didn't care about my opinions then you'd not reply but you do care. I have replied to my infraction you sent and have replied asking why not send a private PM instead of warning me.

Think it's best to talk via PM and in private than issuing threats as we're all here to debate.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I hear you, but it's almost impossible, with social media being what it is, for something like that to go unnoticed these days. I'd be amazed if that was the case here.

You're probably right.

But I would certainly be fascinated to know the sequence of events which led to this apartment search being on every news bulletin and current affairs website within an hour of it starting.

If you didn't care about my opinions then you'd not reply but you do care. I have replied to my infraction you sent and have replied asking why not send a private PM instead of warning me.

Think it's best to talk via PM and in private than issuing threats as we're all here to debate.

Edna is a moderator. It is their job to make sure you, and more importantly NSC, does not get sued of the web. I would suggest you listen to her.

You're probably right.

But I would certainly be fascinated to know the sequence of events which led to this apartment search being on every news bulletin and current affairs website within an hour of it starting.

My tuppence. The press have been aware for a long time that CR was on the radar. I knew he was in yewtrees sights and I'm just a computer programmer in a manufacturing company. Any new agency or orgainsation that was not expecting and watching for this is not worth the name of a news agency.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You're probably right.

I've no idea. Perhaps the media release was done in advance. Perhaps an indiscreet copper did slyly tip off a mate in the press. But it would also have been easy enough for any neighbour or passer by to see all the cars turning up outside his secure front gates and put in a quick call. Ten minutes later, an agency pap turns up on a motorbike. Job done.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What do they expect to find 20+ years after the alleged offense, by searching one of his residences without searching any others or questioning him?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

(1) I did reply to your PM
(2) I haven't seen or made any "threats"
(3) I'm replying publicly in response to your public post asking me the question.
(4) Debate all you like, but keep it within legally acceptable boundaries.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Edna is a moderator. It is their job to make sure you, and more importantly NSC, does not get sued of the web. I would suggest you listen to her.

I listen to everyone but sending an infraction without having the decently to PM me and explain in an adult way to explain the repucasions then I think it's immature.

We're all Brighton fans and have opinions and air our views whether rightly or wrongly but I'd expect more courtesy than a straight infraction.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
My tuppence. The press have been aware for a long time that CR was on the radar. I knew he was in yewtrees sights and I'm just a computer programmer in a manufacturing company. Any new agency or orgainsation that was not expecting and watching for this is not worth the name of a news agency.

Yeah I knew his name was rumoured to be involved too.

But there's a world of difference between seeing his name on a couple of unsourced and anonymous websites and it being announced on national tv his house is being searched for evidence.

Now every person who watches the news links him with Yewtree. And the old "no smoke without fire" brigade will always think he was dodgy whether he's arrested, charged and prosecuted or not.

Just doesn't seem like a decent way of serving justice.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah I knew his name was rumoured to be involved too.

But there's a world of difference between seeing his name on a couple of unsourced and anonymous websites and it being announced on national tv his house is being searched for evidence.

Now every person who watches the news links him with Yewtree. And the old "no smoke without fire" brigade will always think he was dodgy whether he's arrested, charged and prosecuted or not.

Just doesn't seem like a decent way of serving justice.

So what should happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here