Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cliff Richard's home searched in historical sex enquiry

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Some people on here will relish the fact he's being investigated.
Some people think he could possibly do no wrong.
Some people they tease one another
Take pride in themselves
Keeping the other one down
Well I'm not like that at all

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Diaries, memoirs, notes etc ???

Computers - Rolf ended up being charged with other offences due to what was found on his, although it turns out they were spurious as what was there was entirely legal.

Diaries are critical in figuring out if claims make any sense - if they get someone claiming that something happened in the UK on a date when he was touring in Japan its not going to stand up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just a general question, many of these celebrities being investigated, or having been investigated, have various honours, Saville had a knighthood, Rolf a CBE , (i think) and Stuart Hall an OBE, isnt there some kind of vetting procedure for the honours system. Even a criminal like Archer was made a Lord , after the offence he was eventually jailed for, was committed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just a general question, many of these celebrities being investigated, or having been investigated, have various honours, Saville had a knighthood, Rolf a CBE , (i think) and Stuart Hall an OBE, isnt there some kind of vetting procedure for the honours system. Even a criminal like Archer was made a Lord , after the offence he was eventually jailed for, was committed.

If there was 20 celebrities all in a line up would you be able to pick out the nonces ? Rumours and innuendo might give you a hint but would you be able to say for certain without irrefutable proof they are a nonce ?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If there was 20 celebrities all in a line up would you be able to pick out the nonces ? Rumours and innuendo might give you a hint but would you be able to say for certain without irrefutable proof they are a nonce ?

No, I wouldn't, but I'm not the State, and dont have the available security services. When a person applies to join one of the secret services they have to be positively vetted, surely the same type of investigation should be carried out when someone receives their honour, which is in fact a gift from the Queen, to safe red faces all round. I couldn't believe it when the BBC, the NHS, and Broadmoor etc were being blamed for enabling Saville to carry out his crimes, and no one mentioned thehonours system

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

HA HA HA HA This made I Larf !!! It reminded me of the scene in Phoenix Nights when the Psychic goes up to this massive skinhead bloke in the audience and says
" I'm looking at you and I'm getting the word Nonce "

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

Lord Lucan, Sir Anthony Blunt, Sir Mark Thatcher etc....

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Diaries are critical in figuring out if claims make any sense - if they get someone claiming that something happened in the UK on a date when he was touring in Japan its not going to stand up.

Generally, yes, but the allegation refers to an incident around the time he was performing at Bramhall Lane.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there no further news from the police or CPP only from CR himself to say he is selling up in the UK as he feels his home has been desecrated by the police raid an intrusion into his privacy.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Is there no further news from the police or CPP only from CR himself to say he is selling up in the UK as he feels his home has been desecrated by the police raid an intrusion into his privacy.

God forbid.

I expect dibble found a load of gay stuff even if there is no truth in the specific allegations. Whatever was in those evidence bags is unlikely to be a load of Christian whatnot.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He thinks pretty highly of himself then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here