Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cliff Richard's home searched in historical sex enquiry

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How is it that people from the world of pop music and entertainment are always in the dock, whereas former politicians, judges, senior civil servants and Cabinet ministers from the 80s are not?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
In the 80s...during one of those shared house discussions, I said..you never know whats going to happen these days. Cliff could turn out to be a paedo for all we know... other house-sharers lost their minds at the suggestion. Wonder what they make of this now.

Well I wasn't one of them.... I lost my mind in the 70s ! :mad:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Police aren't even waiting to arrest someone to name them any more?

How is this justice?

If he's innocent they've just trashed his reputation built up over 50 years in one morning.

Very This...

I think they all should be allowed anonymity until they are proven guilty.

and then we can lynch them.

How is this justice?

If he's innocent they've just trashed his reputation built up over 50 years in one morning.

He has been arrested. Back in April a 73 year old man was arrested in North London and questioned about historical abuse allegations. It didn't take a lot of nouse to discover which 73 year old man living in North London was being referred to.

Edit to add link to story from back then

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/08/operation-yewtree-arrest_n_5110022.html

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

How is this justice?

Did the police name him? Or did they search his property?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They searched his property.

It's as good as naming him, isn't it?

How are the police supposed to investigate crimes without searching properties? It could have happened there and have nothing to do with him. The press have named him, not the police.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
How is it that people from the world of pop music and entertainment are always in the dock, whereas former politicians, judges, senior civil servants and Cabinet ministers from the 80s are not?

Its slightly easier to recognise a popstar/entertainer than some other nameless person who's fiddling I imagine. And for the ones that are found innocent it could be that people don't generally make up stories about people they've not heard of.

At any given time, roughly half the former politicians around don't have the protection of being in the current government, if that has been a factor.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Christmas time, little boys and wine.

I'm surprised Elton John hasn't been arrested yet. Saw a documentary about him when he said he ruined lots of rent boys life where they'd have cocaine sex parties. Bet he now wishes he didn't say boys at the time.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm surprised Elton John hasn't been arrested yet. Saw a documentary about him when he said he ruined lots of rent boys life where they'd have cocaine sex parties. Bet he now wishes he didn't say boys at the time.

The term "rent boy" is equivalent to "call girl" and doesn't imply an age.

There's another 70s star who did however make reference to "schoolboys" at one point.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
The term "rent boy" is equivalent to "call girl" and doesn't imply an age.

There's another 70s star who did however make reference to "schoolboys" at one point.

**Removed by moderators**

Last edited by a moderator:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
How are the police supposed to investigate crimes without searching properties? It could have happened there and have nothing to do with him. The press have named him, not the police.

They obviously tipped off the press they were going in.

Otherwise how come every news station and paper were there when they arrived?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In the documentary Elton said he sent his minders out to picadilly circus to find rent boys

What you're alluding to in relation to that is entirely circumstantial and potentially libellous at this time.

Please be cautious as to what you're posting on here. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here