Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarke sacked at WBA

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Aug 23, 2011
How does that work, then? He'd be playing AGAINST the same level of opposition.

There is possibly more pressure being the main striker at a top club where some people expect you to score every week whereas at a lower club teams are a little more settled so get a longer run in the side even when form is poor

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Heres my take Chelsea loaned Lukaku to Everton over W brom because they thought Rooney would sign for them and didn't need him - they probably thought the Moyes / Rooney relationship history might push the deal through.

At the start of the season it looked like Rooney was going and I think he would work out there under Mou. The team that benefited from Fergie going was Everton, everyone else involved around it got stuffed up ie Chelsea trying to set up a team around a player who never joined.

Be interesting to see what happens if Utd ditch Moyes in the next 6 months - I think Mourinho would jump ship o go there because he must know if he loses the fans he will be out.

The other team that benefited was Arsenal - with everyone else in turmoil they have had a great start - it will be an interesting few months now to see how this all pans out

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Heres my take Chelsea loaned Lukaku to Everton over W brom because they thought Rooney would sign for them and didn't need him - they probably thought the Moyes / Rooney relationship history might push the deal through.

At the start of the season it looked like Rooney was going and I think he would work out there under Mou. The team that benefited from Fergie going was Everton, everyone else involved around it got stuffed up ie Chelsea trying to set up a team around a player who never joined.

Be interesting to see what happens if Utd ditch Moyes in the next 6 months - I think Mourinho would jump ship o go there because he must know if he loses the fans he will be out.

What a load if ol' boll@cks

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

The other team that benefited was Arsenal - with everyone else in turmoil they have had a great start - it will be an interesting few months now to see how this all pans out

what manager wouldn't be

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
How does that work, then? He'd be playing AGAINST the same level of opposition.

Expectation of being first choice at a club vying for the league title is greater than at a club vying for 4th-6th place. Demba Ba scored regularly for Newcastle when they finished 5th, but has not made any real impact at Chelsea.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is an outrage
I liked him and a bad patch and he is gone
bloody hell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here