Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarke sacked at WBA

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I thought it was abit odd that he was happy to sell Long to Hull but then continue to play him as their main striker after bring 2 more in.

Saying that, it's a completely head mental decision!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Big Sam soon and Chris Houghton if Norwich get whacked by Swansea tomorrow. That will be the bottom 6 that have changed managers.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Oh NO.

Gus to West Brom.

Loving the fact that it's not our problem anymore ! :guitar:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It does indeed appear a little mental but having thought the same about Pardew and Adkins sackings at Saints and Clough's at Derby, I'll wait and see this time before passing comment.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Clarkes success last season had a lot to do with Lukaku which is why Martinez is looking a better manager than he is.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Absolutely crazy, the WBA board should be ashamed and the fans outraged (if clarke didnt want to leave that is) shows what a joke football has become with regards to the owners firing managers every 5mins...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, if they are awash with money and have earmarked a replacement like the boy brought in at Saints it may be genius. But have they (any money)?

Saw Poshette on Sky earlier. He looks like a broken man.

Not our problem . . . .

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
WBA only won 7 league matches in calendar year of 2013. But not being able to get Lukaku on loan again this season is a major reason for them not being as strong as last season. They have also been without their first choice goalkeeper for most of the season.

The game against Chelsea where Ramires won that joke penalty in injury time to get Chelsea a draw and the next game where West Brom threw away a 2-0 lead to draw with Villa seem to have knocked the stuffing out of them. But I don't think there was any real danger of them going down and during this year, Clarke has managed them to deserved wins at both Anfield and Old Trafford and they should have won at Stamford Bridge too. I think there must be more to this than just results having faltered.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It does indeed appear a little mental but having thought the same about Pardew and Adkins sackings at Saints and Clough's at Derby, I'll wait and see this time before passing comment.

I thought Clough had five seasons at Derby and if so how much more time would you have given him ?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The Hawthorns has a low down ceiling which can't be raised due to planning permission. Gus wont be interested.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's quite interesting that derby were not doing brilliantly and sacked Clough and then appointed schteve and they have won z6 on the bounce. I wonder if the WBA board thinks the same will happen to them

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mnnnn.. Hope Mr Moyes is taking note of the price of failure.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
WBA only won 7 league matches in calendar year of 2013. But not being able to get Lukaku on loan again this season is a major reason for them not being as strong as last season. They have also been without their first choice goalkeeper for most of the season.

The game against Chelsea where Ramires won that joke penalty in injury time to get Chelsea a draw and the next game where West Brom threw away a 2-0 lead to draw with Villa seem to have knocked the stuffing out of them. But I don't think there was any real danger of them going down and during this year, Clarke has managed them to deserved wins at both Anfield and Old Trafford and they should have won at Stamford Bridge too. I think there must be more to this than just results having faltered.

You have raised some good points.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

But football these days IS all about results and who you sign and not sign, I bet they have someone lined up - I'm just trying to think whom!

Aug 23, 2011
WBA only won 7 league matches in calendar year of 2013. But not being able to get Lukaku on loan again this season is a major reason for them not being as strong as last season.

I heard Allardyce was making some comment/moaning about not being able to get Lukaku on loan and that's why west ham weren't performing. Could one player be attributed to several managers getting the sack. Has one player had ever had this sort of effect before?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mr Poyet bleated on for two season on how he wanted to manage in the PL and then signs for a side that's doomed for the championship..should of held out for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here