Chrystal Palace And The Poisoned Chalice Of Doom

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Was there really a need for that?

Here's the reason... image.jpg

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Why is that a foregone conclusion. I am sure that TB will take the steps to make sure that doesnt happen if we get promoted and we will not be just cannon fodder for most other teams.

I am afraid that means spending big and getting in early. The play off winners are 3 weeks behind, and in Palaces case said they would not spend big, unless you count £3.5 million rising to £5.5 Big? but in reality like Cardiff you need to buy players at £8 - 10-or even £16 million. Its a hell of a gamble would TB risk it??

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am afraid that means spending big and getting in early. The play off winners are 3 weeks behind, and in Palaces case said they would not spend big, unless you count £3.5 million rising to £5.5 Big? but in reality like Cardiff you need to buy players at £8 - 10-or even £16 million. Its a hell of a gamble would TB risk it??

I'd like to think that TB would sanction the purchase of 7-8 premier league quality players, as opposed to spending over 18m (plus fees and wages) on 16 mediocre players, some of whom wouldn't even make the 25 man squad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like to think that TB would sanction the purchase of 7-8 premier league quality players, as opposed to spending over 18m (plus fees and wages) on 16 mediocre players, some of whom wouldn't even make the 25 man squad.
The juicy bit is they are unlikely to be Premier League players.

I can't see Chamakh getting the nod for the Albion, over Jose Foreigner.

Still it'll be a couple of years before we find out.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Looking back at this thread is great to see how people were slagging Palace transfers but saying that Cardiff and Fulham had bought well!! Oh well.

That is not a dig at anyone it just shows that things can change over the season, and maybe in future we should all wait until we make our predictions...me included.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Looking back at this thread is great to see how people were slagging Palace transfers but saying that Cardiff and Fulham had bought well!! Oh well.

That is not a dig at anyone it just shows that things can change over the season, and maybe in future we should all wait until we make our predictions...me included.

Thanks for the suggestions about what we post on our board.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
We should wait until the outcome is known before making predictions? That's great advice. Thanks.

Well your never be wrong :blush:

What I meant to say, there were too many posts that were absolute clueless boxxocks leaving a few ( me included) with egg on our faces. Mind you this is a football forum and like all football forums, if it wasn't for the absolute boxxocks, miss heard rumors, lies, dam lies and skewered statistics there would be little else on it :)

Still NSC remains one of my favorites.

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
He's got a point. They could have lost to Sunderland.:lolol:

Nice to see Palace setting records - In Premier League history they now hold the record for earliest dismissal of a manager who got them promoted in the previous season. Buffoonery of the highest order.:rotlf:

Oh dear, just spotted this !! Holloway was'nt sacked, he left because he knew he want up to the job , as was proved right! Seeing as you love stats, here's one to keep an eye on .... http://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...&p0=136&msg=Premier+League+Fixtures+Announced

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
We should wait until the outcome is known before making predictions? That's great advice. Thanks.

Perhaps it would be better advice to merely make more realistic predictions based on past events, rather than ones simply fuelled by dislike and spite. For instance, it would currently be reasonable to predict that CPFC will not, as predicted in this thread for last season, face a series of tonkings and amass the smallest points tally in PL history.

Similarly, it might be considered folly to predict that Brighton, spurred on by mighty crowds and a continental, flair style of football the like of which never seen in the Championship, will storm the division (as has been predicted on many occasions before). I am also going to stick my neck out and predict that Kaz will not get many people, if any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here