Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chrystal Palace And The Poisoned Chalice Of Doom

It would probably help if you knew what they were actually called if you are going to slag them off.

Just in case you really aren't aware, please see below a badge that was actually produced by Palace.

chrystal-palace.jpg

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
I think we would as well. The problem with us and Palarse, them making the Premiershit had to happen. Because their finances were still in a right mess and all their creditors had to be paid off and most of that 120 Million disappeared. That's why they had to sign Chamakhaha on a free, Jones on a loan. The only money they used was from the Zaha sale.

In our case we would of had money to spend very wisely and planned our survival. But it would of depended on what type of players whoever was in charge (could of been Gus) would of wanted.

But whats happen has happened, and Palarse are paying the price for it!

Do you seriously believe that, because if you do, you really haven't a clue what you're talking about.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Not denying it then?! Where has your 120 Million gone then? And don't tell me on Ground Improvements etc....

For starters we don't even receive half of it until are probable relegation and that's spread over 4 years. Funnily enough we've been sensible in the transfer market and not spunked millions on mercenaries like QPR did last season and look where it got them.

You may have an owner willing to spend big but our board are not going to risk the clubs future financially like so many have done before.

For starters we don't even receive half of it until are probable relegation and that's spread over 4 years. Funnily enough we've been sensible in the transfer market and not spunked millions on mercenaries like QPR did last season and look where it got them.

You may have an owner willing to spend big but our board are not going to risk the clubs future financially like so many have done before.

Gayle £8.5m (cough) - I think that is one huge spunk.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
But at least we would of given it a go at staying up. Where Palarse seem to be a Rabbit caught in the headlights.

Ok Mystic Meg, what's your prediction for you this season ?

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013

Sensible in the transfer market?!?! You are deluded. How many players did you sign?

That is priceless.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We need to build a sustainable club we might go up and down but we need to build our youth system because we could not afford to stay in the premiership by just buying players!
Please be patiant !and positive.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sensible in the transfer market?!?! You are deluded. How many players did you sign?

That is priceless.

I think the figure was £12 million.
Take in Wilfs £10 million down payment,I think that's sensible.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013

You forget to factor in wages and the fact that brand new players were then left out of the final squad. If you think your signings were sensible then you are blinkered. Poor signings in terms of quality and too many to be able to gel quickly enough.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Lets be honest now, you only signed 16 players worth 12 million because anyone worth real money turned you down.

You're right.
Who wants to sign for the relegation favourites ?
Darren Bent is the classic case, monies sorted and due to sign, then Fulham come in at the last minute.
Most players would do the same thing.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You forget to factor in wages and the fact that brand new players were then left out of the final squad. If you think your signings were sensible then you are blinkered. Poor signings in terms of quality and too many to be able to gel quickly enough.

The wage bill has probably quadrupled this season.
Last seasons turnover was £15 million, compared to this seasons £85 million.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
People saying we'd rather be in the Permier League. Well yes, but at least making a decent fist of trying to stay up. Not getting dicked week in week out.

When Holloway went up with Blackpool THAT was a season you could say, we went down but we enjoyed the ride. Palace aren't even having a ride. They've bought how many new players and the fans hate the manager. Scraping through the play offs papered over those cracks for a bit. Granted in the years to come the money they make will be a boon, but right now, we have every right to have a chuckle at Palace. They're doing terribly.

We are having an average, injury riddled season. Doesn't mean we can't have a laugh at them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I have seen some estimates that the final figure was over 20m just on fees. Add on signing on fees, agents fees etc, I reckon you are looking closer to 30m.
Sack HollowHead and that's at least another 10m being spent in January.
How much of your wage bill is being covered by your non Sky money income?
How much of the parachute payments will you have to use to adhere to championship FFP regulations? Blackburn are STILL losing 27m a year.

100m does not last long, especially when you sign an additional 16 players on Premiership wages. You do not have another Wilf to sell.
You may have won the lottery last season, but many lottery winners have thrown it all away. I can see it happening again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here